fring help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by uncutshadow, Jan 28, 2009.

1. uncutshadow

uncutshadow New Member

ok. i had fring before i jailbroke my ipod touch. i jailbroke it and thought "hmmm..... it would be cool to replace the icon with the regular iphone phone icon" so i did. i even went a step further and used rename 2.0 to rename it to phone. once i did that, the icon disappeared. so i ssh and manually delete every trace of fring (root\private\var\mobile\applications\ and every folder that contained fring) i tried to reinstall it but it gave me an error (0xe800002e) so i restored it 5 times. then tried to install fring and i still got the same error. i tried the "fix" for this error and still nothing.
    *also i tried installing it from the ipod itself and it said unable to download*
  2. coreyhess

coreyhess New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did the same thing a couple of days ago. What I did to get it back was I went into iTunes while my iPod was plugged in, clicked on the iPod icon under the "Devices" menu, went over to the "Applications" tab and unchecked fring from the apps to sync list, applied that, waited for iTunes to remove fring from my iPod, then rechecked the box next to fring in the apps to sync list, let iTunes sync with my iPod again, and then I had fring again. Hope this helps.