Friend got her 8 gig iphone stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CATS-PURRFECT, Feb 19, 2009.

1. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

Hay guys just wanted some imput on this...A friend of mine got her 8 gig stolen yesterday..still nooo luck finding it...so she went to the place were she purchased it..and told them what happened...So the sales person intern told her that she will have a $200.00 PENALTIY on her next bill once she pays it her service on that iphone will be cut off...

Sooo i wanted to know this..the person that stole it..(If they know about unlocking and jailbreaking) can they use the phone now? meaning can they now jailbreak it and unlock it ...and use it as if they had bought the iphone.....I think they can use...for what i read in another post on this forum..when the guy found an iphone in a parking lot..and said that if nooooobody claims it he will be using it..

Thanks for your comments guyss
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They can use it as if it was theirs. But just report the phone number to the police and if the SIM card is ever put in that iPhone again, they'll know where it is. [I think]
  3. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

Yuuup i told her about the cops and stuff..but she was like @#%$# that iphone it was an impulse buy. I told her well i am VERY sorry for what happened to you but if feel you should at least try and get it back. But alas she said the way her luck has been going..she will just stick with CHEAPY phones if gets lost or stolen i did NOT spend much on it. Yuuup my friend is GREAT but surely very hard-headed.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Next time she buys an iPhone [if she does], there are some applications, such as GadgetTrack and Cylay, that can track the iPhone wherever it goes.
  5. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

Wow ...cool... nice to know...Those application you have to buy then or do you download them free on cydia? explain ..sorry i am a NOOBY kinda...hahahha

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    GadgetTrak = Free from App Store
    Cylay = Paid from Cydia
  7. CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT New Member

8. cynos

cynos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    nice advice .. got gadgetTrack on now ..