FRETS ON FIRE : Request / Source Link

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by kappatango, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kappatango

kappatango New Member

FRETS ON FIRE Guitar Hero: PLEASE READ!! Source Link

Ok, I will not proclaim to be a programmer, but I have looked around the forums at other games requests to see what the responses have been.

TTR is now unsupported by the developer, but many of us love the game so much and we would like improvements made....if possible.

I have found THIS: Frets On Fire

SCREENSHOT:

Please Register or Log in to view images

It is an open source game, the Source can be found here: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

If I was any sort of developer I would take this on, But I am not. I wouldnt know where to start to Port a game across.

It seems perfect, there is MAC compatible source, it has five frets, the ability to import from guitar hero - sounds too good to be true.

If you guys think this should be in the DEV section, please move the thread - I just want to get a feel for if someone can take this on if it is do-able....

Thanks

Kappa
  2. Canas007

Canas007 New Member

looks cool, i hope a dev decides to take this on.
  3. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Dang! What a miss-leading thread title! I wasn't expecting anything like this, hehe! I had never heard of "Frets on Fire" so I would of probably never checked this thread if you hadn't talked about it in my "Guitar Hero song taps" thread.

This is in fact a really good idea. I am liking this... But maybe, instead of trying to import another game to the ipod, we can just work with what we've already got, and just make some changes. Whatever is easier for the dev's!

I might have to learn Object-C myself and give this a try, because now that the SDK is coming out and I have a posibility of making a ton of money, I don't see what there is to lose.

4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I wasnt sure what to put in the thread title....... TTR replacement seemed to rude to the original DEV of TTR.

There are many thread on what updates we would like for TTR, but to be honest, the original dev has said they will not be releasing any updates for it...

While someone else could update TTR, this Frets Of Fire is ready made with all of the cool features we would like....

Holding Notes
    5 Frets
    Ability to import form Guitar Hero etc....

Here's hoping...
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

58 Views and no DEV comment?? Even if its not possible, please post to let me know.

I can only see positives in this application

6. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If I could pay $100 and magically become a dev, I'd so do it.
    Right now.

But lo and behold, I'm not. and I don't have $100 anyway.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

ive been wanting a version of ttr with more frets for a while - or maybe add multitouch support. one of the 2 will be good.