Fresh JB...Cydia problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Kallen, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Today I did the upgrade to 3.0. Everything installed flawlessly. iPod seems to be a little faster...YAY!.
    So, i downloaded redsnOw, and the JB process went without a hitch. I let it install both Cydia and Icy. So far, everything is great.

However, Cydia is giving me a little trouble. When I try to install SBSettings (I HAVE to have this lol) it just shuts Cydia off. nothing happens. I tap on "Install" and that's it. No "Confirm" or anything.
    So I tried to install Categories, but it says that it can't because it conflicts with Debian Packager. But if I try to remove Debian Packager, it warns that it is required by the OS. I tried to install MxTube, but it gives me same warning "Removing Essentials" that I get when I try to remove Debian Packager. What do I need to do to fix these?
    Thanksyou!!
  2. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First step is to redo your jailbreak but don't install Icy. Lots of problems stem from having Icy installed.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A thousand thank yous!!!
    this time around a lot of differences. When I first open Cydia, it asked what packages I wanted, and things seems to be installing just fine. Also, the last time around, AppStore didn't notify me of updates but this time it did.... Thank you very much!!