Fresh Ipod Touch - 'unjailbroken'

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sherlock, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sherlock

sherlock New Member

Hiya...i've recently purchased an ipod touch..the firmware version is 1.1.12.

I have read/seen many different methods of jailbreaking, all for different versions..so i'm kind of confused...

Can anyone help clarify please?

Thankyou

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

haha (1.1.12) nice typo um if you want to learn everything super easy go here: http://ipodtouchmaster.com/ he's the best when it comes to noobers trying to hack if you need anymore help PM me ill be happy to help you.

3. sherlock

sherlock New Member

lol...sorry...1.1.2..i'll check it out...thanks for your help.
  4. captainaids

captainaids New Member

Im kinda having the same problem. I know that everyone says just search the forums, but there are so many topics and so many posts that even with search newbies like me have no idea where to start anymore. Maybe its an idea to make a topic that says 'Newbies start here!' that tells us what methods are available, which one is the best (stable/unstable) and what it can do or something.

This forum is a pile of random information in the eyes of a newcomer, Im reading for 3 days now and still not sure where to start.
  5. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEEE Guide (on a PC)

(1.1.1) Jailbreak

-Start by doing a complet restore to 1.1.1.

-To do this you need to have the 1.1.1 restore file on your desk top.

-To get the 1.1.1 restore file go here: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=V7H8X2QQ

-To restore go to itunes, select your ipod touch, hold shift and click on restore.

-It will pop up a screen of all the files you have on your desk top look for the 1.1.1 restore file.

-Select the file now your ipod touch will begin the restore process (it will take a while).

-Once it is done let your ipod sync.

-Disconnect your ipod touch, go to your safari browser and type: jailbreakme.com

-Scroll down all the way to the bottem and click on (appsnap)

-Now leave you ipod alone the safari browser will crash and is will start do download the jailbrake.

-Your ipod will "when its done" be at the unlock screen.

-Unlock and now you will see you have the installer app, now to start go into installer click the second icon "install"

-Tap the first one "All Packages" scroll down

-Inatall the "BSD Subsystem" and "OpenSSH" you will need both of these so install them.

-From there you can stay on a 1.1.1 jailbroken touch or you can upgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 if you guy's
    want to know how to do that just ask and ill post another tut.

If you have any problems with this PM me ill try to help you.
  6. sherlock

sherlock New Member

Thanks man...

Would you recommend going up to 1.1.3??

Also what is 'SDK' about?
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

SDK=Software development kit.

uses: creating apps + games for the ipod. apple will most likely sell these,
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sherlock, i would stay on 1.1.2 for now as some of the apps are not yet working on 1.1.3 (seeing as tis only just come out)

to get to 1.1.2 after doing what freshnewton told you, you need to download 2 more files. one is the 1.1.2 firmware and the other is a file called jailbreak1.1.2.zip you can find them bothh with a google search (try a search for jailbreak1.1.2 and there is a page by fusion that gives you the details and links to the files.

ok, once you have both of those on your desktop, extract the zip file.

on your ipod go to tweaks 1.1.1 and install something called Oktoprep

now in itunes press shift+check for updates and select the 1.1.2 firmware file
    let it do its thing and you will be updated to 1.1.2 (installer will disappear but thats ok)

leave the ipod connected but close itunes and kill any itunes processes by doing ctrl+alt+del and closing any processes that look like ituneshelper or have apple in their names.

now just run the windows.bat file thats in your extracted folder
    it will jailbreak your 1.1.2

ps, this assumes you are on a pc and not a mac
  9. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEEE Guide (on a PC)

(1.1.2) Jailbreak

ok to start you need to be on a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod touch with openSSH, and BSD Subsystem installed.

-first restart your ipod just to start fresh.

-open installer go to "install" then down to "Tweaks(1.1.1)" then install "OKtoPrep".

-download this the 1.1.2 firmware from here: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=M8STXHC5

^^^ make sure you unzip the file^^^

-save it to desktop

-connect your ipod touch to you computer, open itunes and select your ipod touch.

-hold shift and click the "check for updates" button now you will see all the files on your desktop find the 1.1.2 restore file and click it.

-now your ipod will update to 1.1.2 "it will take a little bit"

-once it is done close itunes and hit, Alt,Ctrl and Delete at the same time

-close all processes that have the name ipod or itunes in them mke sure you get all of them!

-now donload this: http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/71626429/1.1.2_Jailbreak.rar.html

^^^this is the file you will need to jailbreak your ipod touch in 1.1.2^^^

-unzip the file into a new folder on you desktop.

-open folder.

- there is alot of files in this folder the one you will be using is the last one on the right its named "windows"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give it a minute to open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-once it opens there will be two tabs you will see a black one and the other one will be white "it will probly open behind the black one"

-it will say 1.1.2 jailbreak, and it will ask you if you want to install SSH "CHECK THE BOX"

-hit jailbreak!

-from there you will see it start to patch and read images LEAVE IT ALONE

-once it is done it will say "reboot you device" after you reboot hit ok then it will reboot again on its own.

-after its done rebooting it self unlock it and you will see the installer and SSH icons.

-go to installer and install "BSD subsystem" and "open SSH" you will need it

-from here you can stay on a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch, or you can upgrade to 1.1.3, i will have another tut for the 1.1.3 jailbreak.

10. sherlock

sherlock New Member

wooohoo...im 1.1.2 jailbroken....fantastic stuff!!

I think i will probably wait before upgrading your firmware to 1.1.3 ...and then probably need help once again lol

just gotta figure out what wonderful apps are available to me now...time to search the forum...oh and get that WinSCP working too.

the ipodtouch community is damn cool i must say.

Thank you people....