Review Frenzic

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by 48days, Jun 6, 2009.

1. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Frenzic

Please Register or Log in to view images

Category: Games
    Released: Dec 11, 2008
    Seller: The Iconfactory
    © 2008, The Iconfactory and ARTIS Software
    Version: 1.0.1
    8.0 MB

$2.99

Overview:

The iconfactory's first App Store application brings the Mac OSX puzzle game frenzic to the iPhone and iPod Touch. There is one way to sum up this application;
    (via http://frenzic.com/)

UI:
    Frenzic has a basic intuative user interface with a very different feel, although it is confusing at first, it's extremely functional once you get playing. On launch frenzic, for lack of a better word, cuts the crap and bring you straight to playing. When you first hit that daunting Start button frenzic can look like a foreign world of god knows what, so you might want to take a look through the help tab. Once you tap help, it gives you general instructions, an explanation of the power-ups and a brief explanation of the online player account. Finally there's the highscores tab, which you can check your scores, global scores, your stats etc. but we'll worry about those once you get playing.

Here a some scrnshts for a visual reference:

(via http://frenzic.com/)

Gameplay:
    Simply put, the goal of frenzic is to get as many points as you can by tapping pieces of 'pies' into five slots. Well, ain't that just specific? You do this by creating full pies of the different colored frenzic pieces. Making single-colored pie gives you an extra life and if it's in the right circle, a power-up. You loose lives by either not having anywhere to put a piece, or letting the timer for that piece run out. The timer progressively gets faster and faster so you got to stay alert! The game can be hard to get at first, but once you start refining and improving your strategy, you'll start to see your username make it up the rankings. If there is one downfall to frenzic it's that there's only one gameplay mode.

Graphics:
    Frenzic is made by a company who's main purpose is to make stunning looking graphics. With frenzic, The Iconfactory manages to do just that and more, the techy-robotic theme is straight-up ridiculously cool, there's hardly even any need for a further explanation. If there's anything to be complained about in the design of the app, it's that it looks too good, and makes the stock apps look bad.

Audio:
    I know this is an important category to some of you users out there so I'll try to elaborate as much as possible. Frenzic's audio is again very futuristic although the repeating bleeps and bloops can get annoying fast if you're not listening to music while playing. And oh yeah frenzic does (thank god!) allow you to listen to music while playing, I find if I listen to my music and have frenzic's sound set to about half it sounds great.

Ratings: (out of five)
    UI: ★★★★ - simple and efficient
    Gameplay: ★★★★ - fun and addictive
    Visuals: ★★★★★★ - wow
    Audio: ★★★★★ - non-intrusive and pretty simple
    Overall: ★★★★★ - frenzic is without a doubt worth every cent, you'll soon find out that I'm not one to often rate a five out of five, but for this one I just have to, amazing app : )​

Links:
    Official Site: http://frenzic.com/
    Gameplay Video: http://frenzic.com/mobile-video/

As always, thank you for reading
    and I hope you enjoyed the review.
    If you liked it feel free to add me as
    a friend or follow me on twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/joshvani

This is my first full fledged review
    so critique is welcome.​

Attached Files:

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great first review. Text needs some work to remove spelling, grammar etc. errors and to make it easier to read. Try and avoid use of slang and keep your writing to the point. Love the layout, great style. However you should try and make better use of font sizes, colours and other effects and some better spacing between titles, text and images would make it easier on the eye.

All that said (and they are only minor details) this is a very, very good first review.
  3. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you. I will keep all that in mind, I'm working on another review right now.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Sorry for the epic bump here, but really great review you did.

5. gammaraptor

gammaraptor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    xD Totally epic bump
    Looks fun, I think I'll try it.
  6. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you just bold those letters to reveal a code? If so, it gives an expired message :S
  7. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yky9exJnfane? Was this like an iTunes code or something? I can't believe I never checked back on this thread haha. I feel so lost.
  8. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Did it work in iTunes?
  9. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No sir haha. Going to have to send some PMs and get to the bottom of this.