Freezing Problems w/ Redsnow?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by iDakota, Feb 9, 2010.

1. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I previously used the exact same redsnow software, along with the same 3.0 firmware to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G. It worked perfectly, no errors, no freezing like I have now...

I updated to 3.1.2, jailbroke with BlackRa1n by GeoHot, and had tons of trouble with his jailbreak. The other day, my iPod Touch randomly froze on me, wouldn't connect to the computer, itunes couldn't see it, PDAnet wouldn't connect with it, etc.

So I went into DFU mode, restored to 3.1.2, then said I was done with anything created by GeoHot. So I downgraded back to good 'ole 3.0 FW. The FW that I previous used (back when the redsnow jailbreak came out for 3.0). It worked perfectly then, so not sure why it doesn't want to work correctly now. I have the same exact things I had on my previous 3.0 jailbreak, on my iPod Touch now.

The only trouble is, randomly when SSHing my iPod Touch freezes, won't allow turn off, won't allow returning to home page. It just freezes there like a deer caught in headlights. But 100% of the time, when I go to connect with PDAnet, my iPod Touch will freeze... So I can't use my iPod Touch to transfer wifi to my desktop computer.

Let me remind you, that PDAnet previously worked on my iPod Touch 2G 3.0 FW Jailbreak when I first jailbroke. This is just a new problem, most likely (In my opinion) due to GeoHot's black"pa1n"...

I've tried restoring, going into DFU mode, rejailbreaking with redsnow, etc.

So most likely I've tried something you probably think I haven't.
    So does anyone know what the problem is? Is there another jailbreak software for 3.0 FW on iPod Touch 2G (untethered).

Thanks for taking the time to help me if you do.

~iDakota
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Why don't you upgrade to 3.1.3 on you're 2G and jb that with redsn0w 0.9.4?
  3. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I guess... Have you had any issues with it?
    Could you please link me? I'd really appreciate it.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I haven't jb'oken it yet. My iTouch's with my friend whose gonna fix it cuz it's not working and i can't get it into DFU cuz im a dumbass.

http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9
  5. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'll stick with 3.0.. if anyone can help..
  6. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I say upgrade to 3.1.x n use Redsn0w 0.9.4
    blackra1n does mess up ur device, redsn0w is slow but stable!
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    there's alot more customization with redsn0w...you can have verbose boot and custome boot/recovery logos.