Freezing Issue - Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Sep 10, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So this does not happen all the time, but I have owned this iPod for about 6 hours and 4 times so far the iPod will just freeze up while playing a song. I have re-installed the software and everything and still have this same issue. Do you think they will question my problem if I go to take it back? I may not be able to replicate the problem while in the store since this issue appears to be happening here and there...

What do you think?
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Where did you buy it from? If it's from Best Buy, they will ask you what's wrong with it and if you just tell them straight up, they'll just get you a new one. No worries.

If it's from somewhere else... then I have no clue.

As far as the 'freezing issue' goes... it's probably from overheating. How long have you been using it for? And does it get hot? (I'm asking this because two other people had a bad iPod Touch 4G with overheating problems which caused freezing/laggyness).
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know someone who had a same problem. I'm starting to question the quality Apple put into the new iPods.
  4. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I purchased from an Apple store. And I have not been using it too much. Just playing with it here and there. Loaded all my stuff, 6K songs plus some podcasts, video, apps. Hopefully I can replicate the problem when I go back to the store, but if not, I wonder if they will question the issue?? I also can't get back to the store till next weekend now... grrr
  5. iWhitey

iWhitey Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    6k songs and all those stuff isn't a bit of overload to take them all at once? xD I'd give it one more day and if it still has freezing issues I'd get it back to the store.
  6. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well yeah that's what I am going to do, especially since I cannot get back to the Apple store until next week, but my thing is, what happens if this problem keeps occurring randomly, will they still replace the iPod if I can't get the problem to occur int he store, in front of a Apple employee??
  7. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yes/No.

Try a restore?
  8. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

I would defs take it back, in my opinion when i buy something it has to be 100% working order, if not I dont think twice about taking anything back.
  9. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea I tried the restore a few times. I am guessing it just a hardware issue. I guess even if I take it back next weekend I will be in my 14 day window to take it back/get a replacement. This will give me a few days to really test it out and see how/when it happens