Freezing iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aznboy00792, Aug 8, 2010.

1. aznboy00792

aznboy00792 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, So I have a problem,and I am not sure why. My iPod touch keeps on freezing. I don't have anything much on there, and when I was on 3.1.2 it was freezing, same goes for 3.1.3 and now 4.0. I am not sure what is the problem? Could someone please help? Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Does it show a spinning and then respring? If so, reboot every one in a while, I have that problem. (I think it is because of daemons.
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it's been doing that across multiple firmwares, it could be hardware related. If you're jailbroken, make sure you know what you put on your iPod before you do it, because some things will do that

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. aznboy00792

aznboy00792 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nope, it just freezes. I do reboot often.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I don't see what hardware would case this, other than the freezing the iPod works flawlessly. I just have the basics, I manly use it for music.
  5. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I really don't know what to say, my guess is maybe a small hardware problem, probably with the RAM.
  6. aznboy00792

aznboy00792 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    anyone have any solutions? It's been freezing all day...
  7. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    From what I've noticed, iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G are a bit laggy on 4.0, non-jailbroken. 4.1 is supposed to greatly improve performance in those two devices majorly, as well as improve all newer devices. I say wait till 4.1 is released then give it a try and see what happens then.
  8. abhishek

abhishek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey guys i also have abig problem with my ipod touch 1g. i have restored it around 30 times by now and it still keeps on freezing . this is what i have noticed.... one day it works perfectly fine. then i charge it till around 90% then just watch a video and then it starts to slow down. and when i close it it doesnt. it resprings and reboots. sometimes t boots up when the battery is 3% or someitmes it doesnt. it is jailbroken. also can apple fix this and find out that i jailbroke it even if i restore. plz help and reply
  9. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Apple is not going to help you with an iPod touch 1g, jailbrooken or not. I think you may have some tweaks slowing you down...please list all packages you have installed in Cydia.
  10. abhishek

abhishek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why cant apple help me. and it keeps on freezing even if i restore it and dont jailbreak it. what the hell should i do