freezing every second

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Nephilim13x, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Nephilim13x

Nephilim13x New Member

ive tried to jailbreak multiple times withe ziphone. every time i start up and try to do something it just freezes and i have to turn it off then it takes it 5 min just to turn off. plz help
  2. Antney1234

Antney1234 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Um what Ziphone version are you using? When you jailbroke your ipod and it restarts your ipod does it freeze when you press the installer icon?
  3. MartinM

MartinM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem here, I need help, everytime I click on the installer add a source or go to the settings it just freezes and I try to press home button but nothing happens either I need to wait five minutes for the ipod touch to lock or force shut down. I've restored my ipod like 10 times now and I am doinng another one right now but everything started when I installed caterpillar that program sucks it messed all my ipod up
  4. MartinM

MartinM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OMG now I need some REAL help please my ipod's screen went all black, I can't turn it on and my computer doesn't recognize it

EDIT: Neermind I looked through apple support and there is a fix for this, if your guys have this problem just hold the home and sleep button for about 10 seconds it will boot up and you'll have your ipod touch working again
  5. shlimun

shlimun New Member

i have this same problem, so now my 1.1.4 is not jailbroken, after 30 times of retrying i got sick of reseting and restoring , so if anyone finds a solution please postt
  6. Nephilim13x

Nephilim13x New Member

i have ziphone 2.6. i tried to add bsd subsystem it said download failed so i went to add that source that someone posted and it firstly froze on the keyboard. i restored and this time b4 i went into installer i was going to try the keyboard fix in contacts but it froze again
  7. dj2vu3

dj2vu3 New Member

restore your touch, jailbreak using ziphone 2.6 (press ipod touch). once your touch reboots slide to unlock and imediately go into a keyboard that is not in the installer. i used contacts. Add a contact, first, last name and just type anything for at least 15 sec. back out using cancel until you cant anymore and press the home button. Go into installer and add the sources you want. you should have no problems.

if you get a package download error. make sure the queue is cleared. open installer, hold home for 7 sec until it goes back to the springboard, open installer again and download what you want. you should have no problems provided you have a steady wifi connection.

hope this helped.
  8. orkodan

orkodan New Member

That seems and awfully strange fix, I may try it once I get that far but also may just wait until a more stable jailbreak comes out, have become so fed up with jailbreaking - restoring - jailbreaking - restoring - jailbreaking - restoring - jailbreaking - restoring - jailbreaking - restoring - jailbreaking etc etc etc

I realised I spend all my time doing that instead of what it's actually for

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Nephilim13x

Nephilim13x New Member

the thing is i can open up contacts but when i tap on a box to start typing it keeps freezing
  10. tt1127

tt1127 New Member

Try going back and installing the software agian. Then when you use it, make sure that all programs having to do with Apple or the iPod, besides applemobile, is not up and running. You can do that by clicking Ctrl+Alt+Del and then go the processes. Also don't do the top one that says "Do it all" or something like that, just click the one that says iPhone or iPod, and that will jailbreak it and install installer. That worked fine for me, if not you may have done something else wrong on your other jailbreaks...