Freezing 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Circaskaterr, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Circaskaterr

Circaskaterr New Member

I got a 2G a while ago and I have had lots of problems with it freezing constantly, most of the time after not using it for like 10 or 20 minutes. I've tried to restore it many times and that didn't work. So I sent it to Apple to try and get them to fix it. Well when it got there, they sent me an e-mail saying that they can't repair it because i misused it but all I did was put music and videos on it, never dropped it or anything. Is there anything else I can do to fix it? I would take it to an Apple store but the closest one is an hour drive.
  2. stickman1000000

stickman1000000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jailbreak it

not sure if it will help but its cool
  3. Circaskaterr

Circaskaterr New Member

i jailbroke my old 1st gen when i had that one and it froze as much as my 2G does not =p
  4. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I had a lot of problems with freezing when it was brand new.

I insist the battery needs to be "conditioned" by patiently charging and re-charging until it takes a full charge, demonstrated by longer discharge time.

Other people say, just put a full charge on it.

It was my experience, that charging it up the time called for in the online manual, or overnight, does not put a "full charge" on it initially. I am convinced the battery has to be conditioned.

That said, some "web apps" need to have a power OFF and ON by holding the power switch and using "slide to power OFF" the first time installed.

I have the impression some batteries installed had been conditioned and some had not.

Other people think that is nonsense.

Hey, I figuered out the HP119C intermittent transcients problem defect was the battery. No one else had worked that out. It was I who called "tech support" Portland OR. I had got my HP119C for winning the Math-Physics prize at college.

Oh well, I am a girl. I don't know anything.

But if your iPod Touch behaves in an odd manner and freezes, maybe just maybe, you could try what I said: don't really try to get anything done with it, just charge and discharge it down almost to the red, and charge it up as fully as it will go (allow enough time) and repeat at least four or five times.

I had to.

My Touch touchscreen did not behave properly, web apps suddenly closed, the Touch 2G had frequent freezes. I felt so bad I had spent the money. Now, it is a rock-solid performer. I have no complaints.
  5. Circaskaterr

Circaskaterr New Member

Ill give that a shot if not im going to orlando this weekend and ill take it to the Apple store to see if they will replace it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i got it back from apple again and it didnt freeze the whole night then i listened to it in my truck on the way to school and it still didnt freeze then right when i unpluged the AUX cord from my iPod it froze again.
  6. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If you screensave, pressing the Home and the Power switch simultaneously, a lot, as I do and maybe you save a lot of backgrounds because you like them, and uh, there are several hundred, you noticed, while looking in the Touch using your laptop so you copy them all out to your laptop, deleting the all from the Touch (leave the folders) and next, Power OFF by holding the Power switch until you have to slide to Power OFF and, hey presto, happy iPod Touch.

I freely admit, I did that.

My WiFI just would "sit and spin" finding no WiFI.

I thought I would mention another time my iPod Touch had an "inexplicable" problem that co-incidentally involved freezing, hanging and crashing.

edit: I also believe some batteries (see above) are supplied conditioned and some batteries are not.

If the problem is not solved, after utilizing either strategy I have said, ask Apple for replacement.

If you reside where Best Buy is at, consider purchasing from them because their warranty plan provides "express exchange" which means they hand you a new one and send the old one in, I guess, to become a refurbished one.
  7. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    if you want it to stop freezing, stop putting it in the freezer

ipods dont perform well at subzero temperatures