Freezing 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by OCGoalie2008, Mar 16, 2008.

1. OCGoalie2008

OCGoalie2008 New Member

So I know there are millions of posts on this problem but I have not seen a helpful post yet, So I'll make my own.
    I know I'll get 50 posts of "I have the same problem" and I would like to ask you not to post that if you have this problem. Please leave the page clear so the solutions can be posted and it will help us all.
    I have a 16GB Ipod touch and I have jailbroken 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 with both ZiPhone 2.5 and 2.6 and I still get these problems.

1. A freezing keyboard when typing a new source

and

2. IF I get a source in, the screen will freeze after clicking "OK" or the "Checking Sources" will come up and freeze there

I would appreciate any help possible and once again I'm sorry to make the 986764686764558 post about this but I hope mine will be more organized and helpful to all.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

1) This has been posted millions of time!
    2) I have the exact same problem!
    3) You need to restore your iPod and re-jailbreak, try using the version in my sig.
  3. RHK313

RHK313 Member

Before jailbreaking it again sync it with iTunes but choose a new name for you iTouch.
  4. OCGoalie2008

OCGoalie2008 New Member

OK

I'll try the ZiPhone 1.0 but as for the rest, I've jailbroken it 3 times with both ZiPhones in both modes and have always had the same result. I also tried the renaming thing and still no results.

Thanks for the replies, I hope we can keep this up. Maybe we can fix it!
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Just keep jailbreaking until you get one where installer doesn't freeze. I had to re-jailbreak, had the freezing issue. Tried 2 more times, than the 3rd was the charm. There isn't any predictability, I think that it happen randomly. But I do know that the times I got the freezing issue are when I forgot to rename my Ipod. Not sure if there's a correlation, but there seemed to be one.
  6. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

hey man at least you dont have my problem
    my ipod reboots randomly when syncing music
    it rebooted 4 times while trying to sync 8 gigs of stuff!
    i restored.... 8+ times in 3 days, no help whatsoever
    and i got the installer freeze too, but once i jailbreaked it and the installer didnt freeze =D (had the rebooting problem though, so restored...)
  7. vesperance

vesperance New Member

and I thought that I had problems, Ipod freezes when typing(keyboard freeze!)
  8. OCGoalie2008

OCGoalie2008 New Member

The Answer!!!

I FOUND IT!!!
    Don't Thank me
    Thank my new Hero
    Here are the instructions

It did this for me every time I attempted to add a source after jailbreaking. After 6 attempts, I got it working. I don't know if it was luck or if this works.

Restore and re-jailbreak. But don't restore in restore mode, restore in DFU mode. To get into DFU mode download and open Ziphone, then click "Advanced Features" and then "DFU Mode". Then do the typical shift and restore in iTunes to 1.1.4.

Jailbreak it.

The second you get onto the springboard open up a keyboard -- NOT in installer. Don't attempt to add a new source, it will more than likely crash. I opened up contacts and added a new contact and typed gibberish for 10 seconds or so, then cancelled out of the app by pressing cancel, not using the home button. I was surprised to find it didn't crash like it did when I had previously used the app after the "add source" freeze. Then open installer, update it and add some sources, hopefully with no problem.

So to reiterate, do a fresh restore in DFU mode. Jailbreak. Type gibberish into the contact keyboard before attempting to open installer. Update installer. Try adding a source. If it worked, great. If not, sorry, maybe I got lucky...

9. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

Plesae search nexst time
  10. StefanCauchi

StefanCauchi New Member

man thanks for the help xD. ive been trying to find some help like this for almost 2 weeks now

If you need some help on jailbreaking your iPhone/iPod Touch go to my blog here: http://paranoidhax.blogspot.com