FreeBoard problem on Customize RC1.3!! My ipod wont boot up!

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by sprint_user, Jun 14, 2008.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I got rc1.3 and FreeBoard and when i turned freeboard on it told me to reset. So i turned off my ipod and now when i turn it back on it just freezes at the silver apple logo boot screen. Please help me. Do i have to restore?! I dont want to!!!
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea you have to restore, remember freeboard is in beta or alpha so be careful
  3. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

No!!!!!!!!!! You don't need to restore! Just delete some apps by sshing into your ipod. This happens because if you have around 80 apps and you enable freeboard it will stay on the apple logo. So delete about 5-10 apps.
  4. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem & had to do a restore -- it was just afterANOTHER restore so i only had like 10-15 apps tops installed. This week alone i've had to restore at least 4 or 5 times because of issues with freeboard. My suggestion is to just leave it alone till it is out of beta.
  5. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    YOU DONT HAVE TO RESTORE OR DELETE ANYTHING
    Ok so well my ipod went into that freeze mode at the boot logo after i used the new freeboard function in Customize 2.0. So i tried the ZiPhone method of putting your ipod back into normal mode which didnt work for me. So here is instructions on ow to get your ipod back to normal (Without restore) if i didnt Work for you this way :

1.) Plug ipod into the computer with the cable provided
    2.) Use ZiPhone to put ipod into normal mode
    3.) then wait for it to finish if it hasnt put your ipod back into normal mode and its at the Restore logo, turn if off by pressing and holding both the power and home button till it shuts down.
    4.) then turn it back on
    5.) and there you go (but remember after you turn it on it will take from about 2-3 min to boot back into normal, i dont know why it takes so long but thats how it worked for me.