Freeboard isn't worth the trouble...

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by SHININGSTEEL, Jun 15, 2008.

1. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I just had to restore my iPod because of it. Just stay away from it if you don't want to lose all your apps and customizations because of this monster.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What the heck was it's main purpose anyhow? I heard it comes with Customize.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I allows a 5 icon dock for free without having to crack Kate. And I've had zero problems with it, I don't know why so many people do.
  4. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

5 icon dock. I lost caterpillar, so I tried Freeboard out. I was told to you restart my iPod. I tried to restart but my iPod didn't reboot. I attempted putting it into recovery mode then back into normal mode and still nothing. I don't have SSH (since I use Total Commander) so I gave up and restored.
  5. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dont get the app i had to restore because it gave me the spinng heel of death.
  6. patty wagon

patty wagon New Member

Its working fine with me.
    The only problem i have is getting my wallpaper as a background.
    It only lets me have the theme one or a black one.

anyone have same problems?
  7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    guys its in alpha! that is the problem!
  8. patty wagon

patty wagon New Member

9. jd2r

jd2r New Member

I agree with you, but ever since I upgraded to Customize 2.0 its been nothing but problems for me. No matter what I did I couldn't get my wallpaper to change but that didn't bother me too much. Then I upgraded to this new version with Freeboard added on and I get the dreaded SWOD (Spinning Wheel Of Death) after rebooting. Luckily I remembered reading up about a fix for an 80+ app issue so I got to thinking and used iphonebrowser (you can also use SSH) to delete the Customize.app folder in the Applications folder and low n behold the SWOD stopped and my SpringBoard loaded up! Now the last Customize theme is still applied and it is still registered in Installer as installed, I don't know if I should uninstall it for fear that the non-default is still applied and that might give problems?? Or does the default theme get automatically applied when Customize is uninstalled?? Anybody know?
  10. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

i love freeboard and customize 2.0, they both work great!