Free unlimited phone calls with Fring + VOIPstunt

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by craynerd, Jan 4, 2009.

1. craynerd

craynerd New Member

OK, I`m totally stunned! I downloaded fring and voipstunt and then used a utube tutorial and with no messing about or any hastle, I have free phone calls to all UK landlines!! I can`t believe it, surely there must be a catch??
    I have looked at other forum posts on the net and believe I should only get 1 minute for each call but I don`t, it is unlimited!! I spent 10 minutes on a test call to my parents!

So I really want to know what the catch is - will my free time run out eventually or can I continue to use this service free of charge until it is no longer offered?

I have to say, that this is THE most impressive app that I have found for the touch. I mean, I bought an mp3 player and now I can use it to make free phone calls.

If any of you want to give it a try:

1. Download fring to your ipod touch 2g
    2. Download VOIPstunt to your PC - and then just use it to simply to set up an account, you can then delete it from your computer! It doesn`t use your PC in anyway, I just don`t think you can setup an account online, you need to d/l the software.
    3. Open fring - go to "More" (bottom right) --> Add-On's --> SIP --> VOIPstunt and put in your VOIPstunt login details.
    4. Click on "dialer" and type in a number !! now apparently you sould put in +44 before a UK landline but I didn`t need to, I just put in the number with dialing code as though it was my home phone and it worked fine!

5. Make the call by clicking on the "SIP" button!

Hope it works for you. If anyone has any more info about this service I would love to know. I can`t get over the fact that it is free and I get unlimited time to landline numbers! Anyone any info on how this company makes money from this or can offer this service I would be interested to know.

Chris

---EDIT : Just to make you aware you obviously need a microphone - I just bought a cheap (£3) iphone mic adaptor off ebay - works a treat!
  2. kyle15

kyle15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im gonna try it, but do you need a mic ? =/
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you could also use skype in the app "nimbuzz"

the same as fring. the only thing is that fring has voip.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    only if you want to communicate.

but if you just want to try just for the fun of it.
    well.. just go ahead without one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Yea I believe it will work for mobiles free in USA but it costs in the uk. I think you can put credit on your viop account for full functions but I,m happy with free landlines.

Can someone please tell me about skype? What is skype, do you Pay and can you ring mobiles?
  6. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes I also use this to make free landline calls in the UK I used voicecheap on sip to create an acount, another great free app is Truphone you can have this on a i phone or 2G i pod touch (not 1G i pod touch.)
    If any of your relatives or friends have it on their device you can ring them for free any where in the world as long as they are connected to wi-fi.
    So you got a microphone headset for 3 pounds off e-bay what is the name and model off it please?
  7. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Snoopwong - yea they should but if you eBay uk sellers for "iPhone mic adaptor" you can get one for 3 quid or less and just as quick. I ordered mine on dec29 and it came on 2nd Jan which was v v v fast with Xmas holidays and such.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    the exact item was:

iPhone 3.5mm earphone adaptor plug a/ handsfree mic

Seller was: a1-techstuff
  8. noamhir

noamhir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It won't work for long:
    quoted from voipstunt:
  9. Easy.B-4597

Easy.B-4597 Member

umm is it possible you can put links to fring and VOIPstunt it would help alot ^_^
    Also does doing this put the ipod in and risk?

Thanks
  10. pdorny07

pdorny07 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think i know the catch, apparently VOIPstunt only gives you 60 minutes of total talk time, voipbuster gives you unlimited overall minutes but each call can only be 1 minute long