Free tmobile data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by melterx12, Jul 17, 2009.

1. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello, i have an iphone unlocked with tmobile sim. I dont have any data plan whatsoever. Like others with no plan, when i try to go to a webpage with EDGE (APN epc.tmobile.com), it redirects me to their Tmobile upsell page.

however, I have tried this website called tmobilepro.redirectme.net, with wifi off and using tmobiles APN. This led me to a tunneling site. Through this site I am able to go to anywebsite i want on EDGE!

My question is is this really free, or will I be charged later on?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You may be able to log onto your account and check your charges.

I would assume that even thought you are going through that tunneling site they will still charge you for the data usage (even though they may not know where you used the data).

My only concern with this is that nothing else would work outside of Safari; no mail, maps, etc...
  3. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well its better than having no internet at all.

I checked just now and it says 0$, but they might not have updated it yet.

does tmobile even charge per kb? They dont allow people to use data unless they are on a data plan, and I dont see anything about charging per kb in their terms and conditions.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

On my bill they break down the data usage for each and every time I use it.

It may very possible be a work around and a very cool tip for sure. If there was a way to maintain the data usage outside of Safari that would be very useful.

Also, I tried the page going through my cellular network (Web2Go) and it gave me an error attempting to get out.
  5. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yup, I'm the one that made tmobilepro.redirectme.net
    Absolutely free, uses a proxy that T-mobile cannot detect so you will not be charged. Even works on 3G (if you have a T-mobile phone), and T-mobile PrePaid.
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    what apn info do I use to get tmobilepro.redirectme.net to work?

when I goto tmobilepro.redirectme.net it works, but I can't goto google from it, safari says "http://tmobilepro.redirectme.net. ReferenceError: can't find variable: _gp_initSearch

edit: i think its working now
  7. muhu

muhu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just a warning, this could lead to a huge bill. A few years back we used to do this with AT&T and my home server. Everything is fine and good until they find out what you are doing. If they find out, and want to make an example, they will charge you for every kilobyte they think you used. After a few months of me doing this with AT&T they caught on and sent me a bill for over 900$. That AT&T bill is the only thing I have against my credit. I don't know T-Mobiles Policy but I felt I better share my experience regardless.
  8. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is there anything like this for at&t
  9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I guess if you have a post paid plan then theres something to worry about. however I use pre-paid minutes and only keep about $10 worth of minutes on me so if tmobile does find out they are welcome to have $10 bucks.
  10. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dang you're good. I'm in a family plan