Free Single of the Week = Music Gone!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dave C, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. Note: My Touch is not jail broken and has not been jailbroken...

I had decided to download the free single of the week from itunes, just to check it out (I just wanted to test the download from the Touch using itunes wireless).

It then synced to my computer when I recharged...fine, no worries with that.
    However, what happened is that all my audio/music files on my touch got erased, and only left me with the 1 stupid free single.
    I lost 5 gigs of music, though it did also create around 8 gigs on "other" on the Touch (all that with no video or music on my Touch other than the free single).
    I have since restored my Touch and re dragged/dropped the tunes from my library to Touch.
    Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to prevent this? I'm not sure if I ever want to d/l a free itunes song again, and am now worried about what's going to happen with the 2.0 upgrade and downloading new apps.
    Any comments/feedback would be appreciated.
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    If you did this on a different computer to the one you first synced your iPod with... It will remove all your previous songs and just add the ones on your current iTunes library.
  3. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

were you on the desktop that includes your music library
  4. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Interesting, but I was actually on the same computer that I synced my Touch with...
    However, come to think of it, before I got the touch, it was a new computer and had to add itunes to this computer, but it had my previous musical library on it.
    Again, it was the same computer even though new computer that I've always been using the Touch with.

Let's just say I dare to try this again and d/l another free single, do you think it will do the same thing each and every time? And if so, can this be resolved?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yup...