Free Ringtones... & it's Legit! (Mac Only)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikesgroove, May 7, 2008.

1. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

This may be common knowledge/already posted, but-

If you want free ringtones, and you have a Mac with Garageband, all you have to do is bring a song into a GB project (just click the media button and find the song you want). Once you have your song as a track, find the section you want and split the region so you have a section that is less than 30 seconds. Be sure to click the repeat button and drag the repeat bar so that it is equal to the section of the song that will be your ringtone. Click Share on the Menu Bar, select Send Ringtone to iTunes, and you're done. Free Ringtones, all-you-can-eat!
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Why not just do it from your iphone with Ringtones.app from installer? Its easer.
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

In that case you can only make ringtones of music actually synced to your phone. So if you want to make a ringtone from something not on there, which for me is most likely the case since my phone is 8GB and my library is over 90GB, you have to put it on the phone first. If you use Garageband you can access your whole library and add them to the ringtones playlist. Not to mention Ringtones.app is a little buggy, using the Garageband method is simple, easy, and legit.