free restaurant wi-fi, can't connect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by QtheGenius, Dec 26, 2008.

1. QtheGenius

QtheGenius New Member

I just came home from buffalo wild wings where they have free wifi. I remember that the last time i was there with my laptop, it found their network but first I have to goto their default homepage to "connect" to their network. This page does not load automatically on the Touch. Is there a way around it?

Most places that I've seen with "free wifi" still have this caveat with a page that you have to go through first before getting access to their network, kind of a disclosure agreement.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

You could ask the manager or someone else using a device with wifi. The manager for sure knows the page address, and another person using wifi has surely seen it as well. Best bet is just asking the manager. Are you sure they don't have any poster saying how to connect?
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

ya u probably need to ask the manager or someone for access to their wifi
  4. QtheGenius

QtheGenius New Member

when I used my laptop last week, when I opened the browser, it went directly to the "click here to connect to our free network." It does not goto the page on the touch. I'll have to go back with my laptop and see what kind of site it is, if it uses a kind of script or anything.

Has anyone else gotten online with their Touch at BW3's?
  5. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Ask the manager for Wi-Fi