free iPod, I guess I can't complain!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stemoy, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well my friend is pretty abusive, got an iPod for Christmas 2009 and it's got a pretty cracked outer screen but seems to not be totally cracked through? and the volume button seems to be constantly pressed down, always has the volume pop up now lol. and she got it wet, but it does (kinda) work. I didn't really need it but thought I might get it functioning better and if not add it to my collection (now standing at 13

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but the power button acts like the volume button sometimes. So does anyone know how I can disable both these, leave the volume alone all within it being jailbroken? And would it be a smart idea to put my iPod on my dash at school to dry out a little more? (Not all the way on the dash, but there's a pocket thing within the dash near the windshield) Would this cause much harm?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You have 13 iPods?
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I believe there is a tweak in Cydia that can disable the volume buttons. I can't think of the name, but just search 'Volume' and see what comes up

And I wouldn't leave it on your dash for very long. If you want to dry it some more, I recommend leaving it in a bowl/bag or rice for a few days.
  4. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Indeed. I'll list 'em. But I didn't buy them all personally, some were junk ones that I've used as flash drives.
    Lets see, iPhone 3G 16 gb, iPhone 3g 8 gb, iPod Touch 8 gb x 2 (MC), iPod nano 4th gen 8 gb, iPod nano 3 gen 4 gb, ipod nano 2nd gen 2 gb x 2, iPod nano 1st gen 1 gb, iPod mini unknown gen 4 gb, ipod shuffle 2nd gen 1 gb x 2 and iPod shuffle 1st gen 512 mb.
    Needless to say, I like collecting them
  5. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    When my iPod Touch 2nd Gen got wet (It fell into sea water) the power button was prepping itself all the time, then the volume was going up and down itself.. Let it dry in a bowl of rice (as ChrisL said) for a few days (4-6 days)

6. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that is one ABUSIVE owner
  7. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh you have no idea, she donated another one to me just a while back that also got wet. Of course, she doesn't use screen protectors/cases. I just can't touch my stuff till I throw both on! But I'll have to get rice tomorrow, any alternative for the current time?