[Free] Installer.app Repo/Data Host

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rickatnight11, Mar 25, 2008.

1. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

That's right folks, I am offering free hosting service for your repository and iPoT/iPhone apps. I can host domains you currently own or set you up as a subdomain on my main server. I can offer minor support into creating/fixing/modifying your repo if I can find the time, but there are better guides and sources on these forums for that. You will be granted FTP access (and possible cPanel access if I can figure out if my host supports sub-accounts) and variable server space and bandwidth.

NOTE: I am not hosting individual apps. Please don't ask me to put your app/theme/whatever on my rep because...I don't have a repo. And I won't edit my clients' repos. Ask them if you want it hosted, not me.

Currently Hosting
    Contains Danimator's Modded version of Customize 1.22 (up to his own version 8.1 last time I checked), a theme pack based on the Sticker images, and a Sticker SummberBoard theme. Definitely worth a look. He has put a lot of time and effort into this package. The SMB theme plus a few Customize tweaks can make your iPoT/iPhone looking sweet in no time.
    • AlliPodHacks http://i+hacks.us (take out the "+", the forum hides the name for some reason)
    AlliPodHacks has hosted some of the best utilities and apps for the iPoT/Iphones out there. Need your symlinks fixed? This repo is your place to be.
    Send me a PM or reply here with some basic information about your repo (ie what kinds of things you host, filesize needed for your packages, estimated bandwidth usage) and the best way to contact you. Please note, all applications will not be accepte for various reasons. I don't have set rules for who I would like to host, but here are a few factors that will help: popular repo, applications I deem useful, professional interaction, donations, begging.

Please post if you have any questions.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My googlepages ran out of bandwidth quite a while ago, and before I end up getting my own domain, I would like to run some tests and experiment a bit. Could you host my xml file? I mainly am experimenting with plists and various fixes, nothing with a huge file size. Even if you could host it for a week or two before I get a domain name, that would be great.

I will send you a PM with further information.
  3. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Sure thing. Send me a PM with your contact info, what you want the subdomain to be called, and what you want your FTP password to be. Thanks for the response!
  4. m3@i{@/\/

m3@i{@/\/ New Member

yea i would also like to get my own repo please contact me for my info at mexjose@mac.com or i will PM u
  5. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Please read the first post and give me some information about what you are interested in hosting on this repo. Thanks.
  6. frostbitn

frostbitn New Member

Just starting out

I am just starting to make themes and was wondering how to get a repo space.
  7. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

I would be happy to set you up with some server space to host a repo, but I don't have the time right now to provide much support or instruction. If you are familiar with setting up and maintaining a repo (or can learn on your own) I can get you started.
  8. swim23

swim23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would like to create a repo for the newbies and new jailbreakers so that all the necessary apps like winterboard and sbsettings, open ssh and stuff will be installed already there and people won't be asking where to get them any more. Please contact me here via PM or reply to this post.
  9. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

You have it set to not receive PMs. I'd be happy to give you some webspace, but don't those applications you listed show up in the default repositories?
  10. swim23

swim23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought it was enabled but alright, just email me at apple2n 'at' gmail
    I was kind of thinking of doing something like creating a category called "NewToJailbreak" and have all the apps listed in one place because even as a former jailbreaker (I just rejailbroke 2.2.1 yesterday after not jailbreaking at 2.1), its hard to know where to find things like winterboard and stuff. But if not, I will try to think of a better reason and then you can give me some webspace then.

PS I would need a subdomain at www.yourserver.ntj.com if possible. Thanks again.