Free Firmware 2.0 with AppStore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Maxomous, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Maxomous

Maxomous New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just a thought...

If you mess up your Touch and take it to an Apple store to get it replaced after the AppStore is released, is it possible to then have 2.0 and the AppStore already on the Touch and therefore, for free?

Also, i was thinking, my 16GB Touch was one of the really early ones and so has a fair few bugs in the hardware itself. It seems to have endless crashes and i've had to restore it about 5/6 times. So i was thinking of messing it up to get a new one (Apple owe us all about three Touch's each due to the immense cost!) and i was thinking, the easiest way to do it is to 'brick' it, so is it possible to make a custom 1.1.4 ispw that'll just kill the Touch and put it on a constant black screen or something?

So i was basically thinking of putting these two together and then I would have a brand new iPod Touch with 2.0 pre-installed.
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    possible, but highly unlikely. what they do is they give u a refurbished iPod touch. i've gotten mine replaced twice now and both times they had firmware 1.1.2 on them. so i doubt a replacement iPod would have 2.0 and appstore on it.
  3. iNewb

iNewb New Member

you need to download an app to virginize your scripts, then you might try putting your ipod in a boiling pot of water and taking it into an apple store and saying it just stopped working
  4. Luscher

Luscher New Member

did 2.0 even come out yet?
  5. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

A beta version did but not to the public. just search next time.
  6. Maxomous

Maxomous New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, well thats annoying, but either way, how would i go about making an ispw??