Free APP For iPod Touch (Petition - Sign In)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by burntspawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. burntspawn

burntspawn New Member

2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

noooo, u poor tramps, im buying it cause i <3 it and dont mind paying a little bit for a great update
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

A great upgrade?? You mean Mail, Weather, Stocks, Maps and Notes

I have these on my JB 1.1.2 thanks

You mean moving a few icons on the springboard??

I have that (and better) on my JB 1.1.2 thanks

Its not about being to poor to pay the fee, its about what I will LOSE with all my 3rd party apps gone.
  4. iTouch Owner

iTouch Owner New Member

I've signed it, because there's no reason why they should give it to the iPhone for free and not the touch. (It's great on the iPhone!) And btw, the company is "Apple" not mac, mac is the macintosh computer that Apple make.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. burntspawn

burntspawn New Member

come on sign in
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Sorry, bad logic. Just because its a feature of the iphone, does not mean it should be free for the touch.

If my Stock FORD FOCUS isn't fully specc'd like the STi should I expect the same performance - NO.

I think $20 is alot, but I dont think the "Well iphone has them free, so should we on the touch!" statement is correct.
  7. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

close thread. another petition, another user banned.
  8. IKON

IKON New Member

I bought them too, I do not mind paying 17,95 euro for the improved googlemaps and mail. I do not need anything more, didn't use the features through jailbreaking anyway. (apart from those included in the upgrade that is)

I've a jailbroken iPhone though, I have to because I live in Belgium.
  9. rumpster

rumpster New Member

OK, fine... fair enough, but then how about this logic: new iPod Touches are now shipping with the 5 iPhone apps preloaded, yet the price of the Touch remains $299 and $399. Why should people (like me) who bought a Touch before have to pay extra for something that new customers are getting for free??? If anything, we should be rewarded somehow for our early support of the product.
  10. RichK

RichK New Member

Actually you are missing the fact that Apple is supposed to be discounting the Touches on store shelves now by $20 to allow folks the upgrade for free as well.
    That fact alone says they could manage tossed it out for free... but have chosen to alienate the loyal user base by charging for it.

Penalizing early adopters appears to be a thing for the 'new' Apple. I sure the heck wouldn't buy a Macbook AIR or a new version of an iPod for at least 6 months or possibly a year after the example they have set now.