FREE alternative to smartscreen (and its actually good)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mat1111fun, Nov 22, 2009.

1. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iSoft has announced QuickWidgets, a new app which provides many useful widgets for your Lockscreen.

QuickWidgets is one app from the QuickBoard package. Now QuickBoard contains four apps. They are QuickSMS, QuickBirthday, Calendar and QuickWidgets.

You can set such widgets as Events, Notes, QuickReply, Dial, Google Search, Camera, Calendar, Clock, Weather and Flashlight to be displayed on your Lockscreen. More widgets will be available in future updates.

The widgets can be moved, switched on/off (all or separately), changed in size, or changed in color (font).

To set the widgets press and hold it until it does not shake, double tap changes the size, red dot opens the settings of this widget (for quickreply or weather)

You can download QuickWidgets from the QuickBoard package on the isoftru.ru/beta Cydia Repository

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. azheng888

azheng888 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm.. i installed it but when i click "quickboard" icon on my springboard, it juststays at the screen where it says "initializing" forever

never mind. it started working for some reason now
  3. Pablojrz

Pablojrz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sweet.

Lockinfo has tricked me into the "upgrade" which seems to be the same thing, but costs cash >.> This violates my code of thriftiness.

I shall replace it with this.

I'll let you all know how the install goes, cause things like these are often problematic at their birth =P

EDIT: Before installing, I was looking for a way to install. Then I found this.

"The word QuickWidgets might be deceiving. This app is actually a package of QuickBirthday, QuickSMS, QuickCalendar, and QuickBoard. These apps are NOT free. Guess there should be fine print on this one. Sheesh"

So uhm. No. Not free.
  5. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is free, but it installs all of those. If you click on one of the things (except for QuickBoard or widgets) it will say you can either buy it or get trial version of those. The widgets part is free, but it is annoying how it installs all of that too.
  6. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    does this work on 3.x cuz i keep getting stuck on initializing? ive tried rebooting but that doesnt work
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Every time I try to turn the volume up, it b*tches at me to buy a license. PASS
  8. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can change that in quickboard settings
  9. CharginMiLazor

CharginMiLazor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds cool man, downloading it now

10. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i got it to work but it sucks you have to open it up after every reboot or respring and it takes like 20 pushes of the icon to finally open it up but once you get it to work it is pretty nifty with the movable gadgets and whatnot