*freaking out*

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shishka0441, Sep 14, 2008.

1. shishka0441

shishka0441 New Member

okay here is the deal, i upgraded my ipod touch 16gb firmware to 2.1 the other day. After talking with my friends i decided to jailbreak it. I downloaded the Quickpwn GUI 2.1 and ran it to jailbreak it. I used the 2.0.2 ISPW in my apple update folder thinking it would work fine. i run through the procedure and all seems well. after a while it lands on the apple logo and it sits there. every few minutes it booted. i assumed this was normal for about 10 minutes. after a while i started getting edgy. So i hit the home button, nothing. i exited out of quickpwn (it was finished anyway) and opened up itunes (8.0) my ipod wasnt there, i unplugged my ipod and tried to turn it on. nothing. at this point i am really worried. So i decide to restore it. i plug it into my comp again and wait for it to come up in itunes. it never comes up! i tried to put it into recovery mode but it just sits on that apple logo and spontaneously reboots. I ran a diagnostic in itunes and it said that there was no ipod touch connected!

Please help me i am freaking out about this, i put all my money into this thing and to have it jsut die on me is really degrading.
  2. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Put it on DFU mode then restore
  3. cainy

cainy New Member

chillax and put it into DFU mode, once into DFU mode you will be able to restore back to 2.0.2 or to 2.1 and jailbreak it using quickpwn
  4. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Yeah, just restore it to factory. Once plugged into your computer, you'll see your ipod touch come up with two icons: Restore or Update. Click restore and it will ask you if you really want to because it will erase all your stuff. Go ahead and do that and it will take care of your problems.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    LOL dont post if you dont know what your talking about

Please Register or Log in to view images

His itunes doesnt recognize his ipod do you not know how to read $til_lpid n00bs. Try putting it in dfu mode it should work. And why on earth would you load a 2.0.2 when your on 2.1

6. craigstephen420

Just restore it. I don't know about all of this dfu stuff. Restoring gets it back to original factory settings then you start over from scratch. Whenever someone like you starts talking to someone like this person whom is new to the forum and starts throwing around dfu's, ssh'ing, roms, etc etc, they get even more freaked out. Its easiest to just click one button. Restore. End of story. By the way, I don't care to know about all this other crap. Usually it ends up screwing up the ipod worse than it was to begin with. Keep it simple.

7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    OMG just STOP posting already. Answer this: HOW IS HE GONNA RESTORE IF HIS ITUNES DOESN'T RECOGNIZE HIS IPOD ?? HE CANT

Just search for putting into dfu mode if u dont know how it only takes 20 seconds

8. craigstephen420

Okay man, take it easy. Everything will be cool. Lets sit back, burn one up and forget it. I've had this problem, and all I did was restart my computer, plug the ipod back in AFTER I opened Itunes and it recognized it, then I restored it. If this didn't work, I was going to re-install itunes and try that.