Review Freakin' Sweet Family Guy App

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by TDG, Jul 17, 2009.

1. TDG

TDG Active Member

family-guy.jpg
    Developer: Fox Entertainment
    Price:$1.99
    Version Reviewed: 1.0
    Release Date: 2009-6-16​

Okay, I'm going to tell you right now, this will be a short review. I have no sympathy for Fox entertainment when it comes to this app. As of now you should know what to expect.

The Family Guy App. This app consists of 20 video clips of the funniest moments in Family Guy, a Video Clip Mixer, two "games", and it allows you to watch mixes other people made around the world and submitted.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here you can see at the bottom, we have 5 options. Videos allows you to watch certain clips that have been added by the developer which depict funny moments in the Family Guy series. Giggity is the section that you go to if you want to play the two games it comes with, Peter Toss, which allows you to toss peter around with various backgrounds, and Stewie Pin-Up which allows you to mix and match Stewie's clothes and head to create your own Stewie masterpiece. Mixes is where you will find the Top and Recent mixes people have submitted. The Video Mixer allows you to pic clips from the video section and make your own montage of funny Family Guy clips, and More is obviously the options.

Video Mixer:

~

Now that the quick little overview is done I can tell you the many problems with this app.

The first thing I want to talk about is the clips. I mean come on. We pay $1.99 for an app and all you give us is 20 short clips? Not to mention the video clips are very poorly edited from beginning to end. Some of the clips might start in the middle of a sentence, and almost all of the clips I've watched have cut off in mid-sentence. It seems like they took 10 minutes adding these clips into the app without even reviewing them. The audio is also a bad issue with the clips.

Next, the "games". Honestly, these aren't games at all. All you do in Peter Toss is take a picture of Peter and throw him about the screen. There isn't even animation, it's just a rotating picture of Peter with sound clips thrown in. Stewie Pin-Up can be entertaining for the first time, but after that it's just boring. But the good thing is, they've added a "Save to Pictures" button! So if by any chance your stuck in those good 'ol 1.x days, you can save your Stewie right to your album! [/sarcasm]

The mixer is fine, but when combined with crappy clips, it's useless, which is all I have to say.

This is a very poor attempt at an app and not worth the space usage, even if it was free.

GUI: 5/10
    Reuse Value: 3.5/10
    Value for Money: 3/10

OVERALL RATING:
    4/10

Side note: I am not describing the app as "Freakin' Sweet" as it says in the title. That is simply the full name of the app.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I agree with your rating, it's definitely not worth $2. It should be free.
  3. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh man, I saw this in the app store and was like "NOOOO!"
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

I agree, it should be free. I can't believe people actually pay $2 for that.
  5. TDG

TDG Active Member

I don't even know why I still have it downloaded.

*Will be posting more reviews soon, in my sad attempt to become a Member Reviewer.
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I was hoping that the "montaging video clips" was more like The Simpson's Virtual Studio (If you don't know what this is, Google it!) game for PC that was made a LONG time ago... It would be just that much more cool, and worth 2 bucks...
  7. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Yea you can just download those moments from hulu.com or something of from youtube and sync them to you ipod
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL you're title makes the game seem amazing, but then it's not. wth?

9. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the title is part of the app title lol, theres a note on at the bottom
  10. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Have you heard of Youtube?