Frameworks...

Discussion in 'iPhone OS 3.0 - March 17th 2009 Preview Event' started by madcowz, Mar 15, 2009.

1. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As we made the update from 1.1.4 to 2.0, we saw that there was a rewrite in the frameworks that rendered all the 1.x apps useless. But if frameworks in 3.0 were changed, then what would happen to all of the AppStore apps from Apple's precious legit users. There must be some way for THOSE to still work. What if certain things used by AppStore apps were unchanged, then it wouldn't be such a rough transition to 3.0
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Of course they would still work.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

apple's not dumb enough to redo everything in a newer firmware. that would render the applications made by everyone on appstore completely useless, and apple would be responsible.

the reason they changed everything in 2.0 was for the appstore in the first place, as far as i can see. they have no reason to change it again.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It wouldn't make strategic sense to simply change the frameworks out of nowhere. It would mean complete disaster for developers of the 25,000+ applications.
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry if I sound slightly stupid, but is there any way Apple can change the frameworks not to effect app store apps, but to affect apps from the Jailbreak? Just asking...
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Duh, that's the whole trick! You know how everyone says Apple is a money hungry company. What better way to make money than to void all the prevvious apps and make people start over.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's what I asked. Apple could change the frameworks accessible to jailbroken apps (AKA all of them), but the ones that AppStore is restricted to (the few that there are) could be unchanged. New MobileInstallation framework is my guess as one of them-- oh noes!

8. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    15,000 but yeah, that'd be kinda stupid, and probably create riots in the street.
    literally.

just imagine for a sec if that happened
  9. Spryte

Spryte Banned

App Store apps can call most frameworks. The one that will be changed for sure is MobileInstallation, but I highly doubt others will be changed much if at all (Same with SB)
  10. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Impossible :> If there will be changes, there won't force ppl to rewrite something, it was same as 1.1.4->2.0.

Besides, it's possible to make both 2.0 and 3.0 API work together, this what properly will happen