FOUND the ugly grey/blue bars!!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by theagent, Dec 12, 2007.

1. theagent

theagent New Member

I went through every file and png I came across, and i've finally managed to get rid of those top and bottom grey/blue bars. of course my touch is now a bit non-functioning, because i was deleting, rather than changing for the sake of speed and progress. So after finals, i"ll fix my touch and post all about it. I'm just freaking thrilled i've finally found it. it's hideous. lol
  2. Joker

Joker New Member

congratulations, post what u have done!!!!
    Thx
  3. theagent

theagent New Member

I would, but apparently I can no longer SSH into my touch. I need to figure out how to enable SSH through term-vt100 (one of the only few apps still working).
  4. theagent

theagent New Member

Here we are then. I fixed my little problem. here are some screenshots. as you can see, no more blue bars. of course, this was only a test run. i'll work on actually replacing those images. the first step was FINDING them. now that that's over...time to see if i can get them changed.

snap_021727.jpg

snap_021742.jpg

snap_021758.jpg

As you can see, it's really late, and tomorrow's my last day to study for finals. so i'll work on this some more on thursday.
  5. moon ra

moon ra New Member

I don't mind the grey ones, but yeah, let's get rid of those ugly blueish bars.
  6. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what did you do to change the NAVprogress png to work? i tried it and it only comes out being the same grey color the safari window is....
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

try restarting safari - hold for 6 seconds. then restart springboard too and try safari