Found solutions for album art problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Locriana, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Locriana

Locriana New Member

Greetings,

I've been learning a lot the past couple days about my new ipod touch and itunes 8. I noticed when searching forums about this problem that many people were having the same issue of some of their album art which they loaded into itunes not showing up on their ipod.

Here are the solutions i found worked:

For problem case one, where the musical note default pic shows up even when you have loaded an album cover and it shows up in itunes:

You need to be certain that the FIRST SONG on the album has the art loaded (right click, get info). This is easy not to do, especially when drag and dropping images into the window at bottom left of itunes.
    Best way I've found to be sure you're getting it into the first song is to
    1. in itunes>music, first go to list mode (far left icon of the three) and sort by 'Album'. This seems to arrange the songs on each album in track order.
    2. then go to grid mode (middle icon), double click on the album cover
    3. when you double click a second time on the then isolated album cover, it should pick the first song, then you can drag and drop into that bottom left pane.
    4 otherwise, be sure you are picking the first song, and do it manually with right click, get info, etc. here you can paste or use the add button. (Copying from the song that has the album cover, then pasting in the 1st song artwork tab, means you don't have to go find the artwork again if you dragged it off an internet site.)
    5. Yay! this worked on every album for me

NOTE: sometimes i found that even though the first song had the artwork loaded, that song wasn't checked, so th song wasn't loaded. So i loaded into the 1st song that was checked and voila

In the second problem case, where you get a totally black cover instead of the music notes:
    1. Go to a song which has the offending image loaded, r-click, get info, artwork tab, right click the pic, copy
    2. load up 'paint' (every windows has it, or your equivalent image prog), paste the image, then save it as a jpeg.
    3. Back in itunes, go to the first song, then ...artwork tab as in 1. Click on 'add', navigate to your saved image, and load it
    4. hit ok

In either case, this fixed EVERY ONE of my album art problems when i synced again.

hope this reaches the people who are having this problem!
    NJ
  2. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Windows Xp Performance edition and I think Windows Xp Black Edition Doesnt have paint......
  3. Locriana

Locriana New Member

Paint is of course a very archaic program, virtually useless, which i mentioned because i don't have photoshop on this computer, so i had to grab something (on winxp pro). Most people have something which will save a jpeg. Use whatever suits you.

Please Register or Log in to view images