Found my iPod after 3 months, and I got alot of questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tsukasu, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Tsukasu

Tsukasu New Member

Well I lost my iPod 3 months ago, and I just found it, and I am quite out of the loop. So here are all my questions, sorry I know these have all been asked, but I'm trying to get them all answered at once.

1. Whats the current way to jailbreak the 2G touch? I remeber QuickFreedom, but did they ever release a QuickPWN version of it?
    2. 3.0 just came out, and I saw it has Blue-tooth capabilites, which is what I REALLY want, but will I be able to have my ipod jailbroken, and run 3.0? Currently my iPod is 2.2.1.
    3. My iTunes is 8.1.1, and I heard 8.2 will break your iPod or something if its jailbroken. Whats up with all that?

I guess thats it I just really want to know, can I use 3.0 on my iPod Touch 2G, and have it jailbroken. If so how would I go about that? Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions.
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    1. Use redsn0w 0.3
    2. There is no jailbreak for 3.0 yet. Everybody is speculating it will be released before Friday.
    For jailbreak info, visit http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.
    3. It is safe to update to 8.2 unless you SSH with iPhone Tunnel Suite.
  3. jitska

jitska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u need itunes 8.2 for 3.0 jailbreak for 3.0 isn't already released but maybe in some hours . .
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. The current way to jailbreak 2.2.1 is quickfreedom OR redsn0w. Redsn0w is the dev teams version, like quickpwn. www.redsn0w.com
    2. They (hopefully) will be releasing the 3.0 jailbreak (quickpwn) today. They mentioned having problems but may release it for most of us and fix the problems that a few will have while everyone else feasts on the new quickpwn.
    3. If you want to rejailbreak 2.2.1 don't update yet, it will render your jailbreaking abilities useless if you use wireless SSH. If you plan to upgrade to 3.0 feel free to update.
  5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You can still jailbreak an iPod touch 2G in iTunes 8.2, with quickfreedom.

I did it so iTunes would recognize that I could get the 3.0 update.
  6. Tsukasu

Tsukasu New Member

Cool Thanks

Wow thanks for all the quick responses. Ya right now my iPod is completely re-formated, like if I was to just buy it. So its not jailbroken. Ironic the day I would find it a new jailbreak for 3.0 would come up maybe. Ok so I'm confused on some parts. So if I update to iTunes 8.2, I can't jailbreak it, but I need 8.2 for 3.0 to run? Sorry for being a noob.
  7. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You CAN jailbreak with 8.2, you just can't use SSH over USB.

And you DO need 8.2 for 3.0 to be installed.
  8. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can download 8.2, and seeing as how you probably (sorry for assuming) won't SSH over USB (my bad on the wireless post before, two things going in my head at once) you can safely download it. If you plan on BUYING 3.0, get it and the update should be out by the end of the night (best case scenerio). Or hold off, jailbreak 2.2.1 and don't buy 3.0. It's all good either way.
  9. Tsukasu

Tsukasu New Member

I know what you can use SSH to control files on your iPod when they are jailbroken such as games for GBA emulator, is that what you are talking about? As far as jailbreak I always will use the USB, I just don't trust wireless much lol. Okay what I'm going to do it go buy $10 iTunes gift card, and buy 3.0, and then just wait for THAT jailbreak, and jailbreak it then. That'll work right? So steps are

Upgrade iTunes to 8.2
    Update iPod to 3.0
    Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G 3.0 (Whenever it comes out) using the USB method
    and all that will work? Sorry I have repeated my questions I just don't want to mess something up.

Thanks again!

Edit: Also does anybody know if the Sony Blue-tooth that came with SOCOM: Confrontation for PS3 will work with 3.0?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump. Sorry I just need confirmation on my last post to make sure I do it right.