Forum idea

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by KEVB, Oct 27, 2007.

1. KEVB

KEVB New Member

Given the amount of "How do I...." or "Help, I....!" threads from people who join and immediately post before searching, what does everybody think about implenting a feature that restricts new members from posting for at least 15 minutes? This would almost force people to at least search before posting a question/problem that has probably already been discussed.
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That would trouble new people who has already searched

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. KEVB

KEVB New Member

OK, how about 5 minutes? I mean, waiting an extra 300 seconds wouldn't kill anybody, and it would be plenty of time to at least try a search for those otherwise too impatient.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What about all the people who've lurked for a while and finally sign up for a membership, but can't post an introductory thread (or any other)? How discouraging is that?

I have to say that I'd be against that policy. We appreciate the suggestion though.
  5. KEVB

KEVB New Member

That's precisely why the period could be so short. It seems the lurkers are outweighed by people who can't find the search button

Please Register or Log in to view images