forum has just gone downhill

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by andybno2, Mar 25, 2009.

1. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok so I have had to re-register as andybno2 because for some reason even though I alone have only ever registered on this site once (before this new account) I get my username andybno1 banned for having multiple accounts...... I have NEVER created multiple accounts on here, I have contracted bgizzle but going by previous experience of contacting him I am never going to expect a reply.

If there is anyone besides bgizzle on here who can help me with this I would be grateful, I know my account got hacked twice but a good 2/3 weeks went by after they stopped logging in as me then I was told I am banned what is going on with this place no1 has even bothered to check I have created multiple sites or not with me.

mods? any help with this one?
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Is it our fault you got "hacked"? No... Its due to your carelessness. There is no proof that it wasn't you. Another thing is, BGizzle doesn't just sit on this website all day replying to message's. If you truly wanted to contact someone upon this problem... You would have PM'ed a moderator or Super Moderator and taken the problem up with them. That's what I recommend you to do.
  3. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats where i stopped.

learn to spell.
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You were banned for having the following multiple accounts:

• dim3000
    • hamda32
    • Kami123
    • Leeky

And possibly more.
    However, the correct course of action would have been to PM a super moderator as well, then waited for a response, rather than make a thread.

If you can prove you were hacked, I'll reverse the ban.
  5. hooger

hooger Banned

Could be a couple reasons.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sounds like you got nailed by a Mod who doesn't have a clue how to research IP's. Sorry!
  7. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    depending where he/she comes from he may share an ip with other people. He.she could even have a sibling.
  8. TDG

TDG Active Member

Ahahaha pwned. He probably didn't know that all of the mods has his IP address.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Happens all the time with new mods. You have to be a bit clever and really look into the IP
    s, location, ISP, etc. Sometimes you will have 20 with the same IP like for a school or whatever. The registration IP usually gives a better clue. This can be fixed if it really is an issue but don't bug bgizzle.
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's suspicious how you all share the same IP blocks, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and unban andybno1.