Format of Keyboard Dictionaries?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by phrank, Nov 5, 2007.

1. phrank

phrank New Member

I've been wanting to add a Danish dictionary to my Ipod Touch for quite a while, and I have found the files to edit in the folder: /System/Library/KeyboardDictionaries.

But when I open the files for editing in notepad (on my Windows PC), the formatting isn't quite readable. I can see the words, but they're among unknown characters. So I would really like to know if anyone knows of a tool which can break this formatting into a readable one, so I can add my Danish dictionary file?

Any clues or hints will be apprechiated!
  2. M4X86

M4X86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Up, i'm interested too
  3. lecudas

lecudas New Member

I have installed this for Swedish (through Installer!), but the dictionary needs to grow! Too few words to be really useful right now.
  4. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

I don't know for sure but e-texteditor and cygwin may do the trick. Both are free...when you download e-texteditor and run it , it will ask if you want cygwin..which you need for windows. and it will download automatically. You should be able to find e-texteditor by googling.
  5. phrank

phrank New Member

I gave e-texteditor my best effort, but I can't get it to show a "clean" file.
    I've tried opening the files and importing them wih different encodings, but no good results either way.

lecudas - What's the name of the Swedish Dictionary in Installer? Perhaps I can mod those files.