iOS 4.0 forgot to save SHSH blobs.. what do i do now?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mari110, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mari110

Mari110 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a ipod touch 2G (non-MC). my problem is that i upgraded to iOS 4 without saving the SHSH blobs from the 3.1.3 firmware i had before..
    now that i hate ios4( slows my ipod too much, no multitasking, no background image, folder option sucks), i cant downgrade to 3.1.3.. every time i get an error message (either 3194, 1601, 1602, etc.) i tried pretty much everything.. everywhere i look it says that i need the SHSH to be able to downgrade.

is there another way to downgrade without the SHSH blobs from 3.1.3????????

thanks,
    Mari

ps: i tried downgrading to 3.1.2 as well and it doesn't work either.
  2. pikelness

pikelness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the exact same problem..
  3. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
  4. Mari110

Mari110 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do u think if i take it to the apple store (to the people at the genius bar).. and ask them (tell them, complain excessively) to downgrade it.. would they be able to do it??
  5. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    they wont, i just called apple care and they told me that it is not possible in any way...
  6. pikelness

pikelness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. j3ff

j3ff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey i just managed to figure it out but only to 3.1.2..sorry......have ios 4.0 installed plugged into cmputer ....download and launch TinyUmbrella click advanced options and select the option that says 3.1.2 for your device......if successful launch tss sever in tinyumbella then go to itunes and shift+click restore select the 3.1.2 ispw and voila

this worked for me i have an ipod touch 2g 8gb mc model itunes 9.2 (64 bit) and windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)

ill upload a video if you dont believe me

p.s i signed up for this sitte just to respond to this thread so i hope it works but let me know
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and if you complain enough they will .... just claim your developping apps and need to test it on w/e firmware you need
  8. evilbunnie

evilbunnie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doesn't work i get error 28 when its on the progress bar thing. I am on Windows 7 (86) with Itunes 9.2, i even tried itunes 9.0 and its the same

Specs: Ipod touch 2g 8gb MC
  9. SeaJay

SeaJay New Member

No they won't. Dev's have to devolop for current firmwares. Apple will NEVER downgrade you. The only reason that you would ever get a downgrade is if you got a replacement device and it happened to be on a lower firmware. They would never downgrade a device.
  10. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You cannot downgrade iPod touch 3G 16GB and 32GB models from iOS4 to a lower firmware unless you have the SHSH blobs backed up via Cydia or locally using The Firmware Umbrella.

iPod touch 3G 8GB (MC model) however CAN be downgraded to 3.1.2 without SHSH blobs using this guide

No need for further discussion. Thread closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.