Forgot to "OkToPrep"

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by igottjam, Nov 12, 2007.

1. igottjam

igottjam New Member

I'm an idiot. I got so excited I forgot to do the "OktoPrep" step. Am I screwed? All my music is on my iPod [ deleted from my iTunes library =\ ] but I managed to get some off via FTP. But now it won't work.

Is the only way to downgrade to 1.1.1 is to restore? Ughh I'm so mad at myself. You think I should just wait it out for another way to jailbreak 1.1.2 comes out?
  2. elysium

elysium New Member

have done the same.,, now cannot get even restored 1.1.1 to jailbreak!!!

Any Ideas?

"incorrect firmware version! You must use iTunes to restore your iPod to firmware version 1.1.1 before you can proceed. Your current firmware version is 1,1"
  3. krisddd

krisddd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Okto Prep. Not Ok To Prep.
  5. reynolds0405

reynolds0405 New Member

i had a jailbreaked ipod touch 1.1.1 i downloaded okto prep then updated to 1.1.2 then jailbreaked it then i had to drowngrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak but when i tried download okto prep it says error do i need to install okto prep again to jail break 1.1.2?
  6. sibilly

sibilly New Member

i got this too! thats coz 1.1 and 1.1.1 are different, reconnect your ipod to itunes 7.4.3 and it will update you to 1.1.1 be sure that you havent updated your FW to 1.1.2 in iTunes yet, if you have you will have to reinstall you itunes so that the FW that comes with it is 1.1.1, once you connect to itunes it will ask permission if you wanna update to 1.1.1....go for it then you jailbreak, oktoprep and etc., thats what I did and I am now Jailbroken to 1.1.2 and happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

goodluck
  7. nspire

nspire New Member

for some odd reason i'm unable to download the 3A110A (1.1.1) firmware form apple's link, would anyone be able to upload it elsewhere?

damn dorm wireless! thanks in advance!