Forgot to backup itunes when upgrading pc - how to retrieve the apps etc?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lucylew, Dec 30, 2009.

1. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I forgot to backup my itunes library when upgrading my pc to win 7. So when I hooked up my touch/iphone, I had to re-authorize computer. Is this the correct way of doing it?

Also, since I didn't backup the library, I lost some apps/movies. How can I retrieve them?

Thank you for your help!
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, reauthorizing your computer is the right thing to do. Apps purchased through itunes can be redownloaded for free, you just have to remember which ones you had. Not too sure about the movie thing though.
  3. bronxbomber585

bronxbomber585 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a folder called Windows.old on your main hard drive. In that specific folder all your data is still saved. Your applications wont run but all your music, pictures and documents are still saved. I would transfer everything you need then delete that folder, it takes up a ton of space.

Just go from "my computer" to your main hard drive then into the windows.old folder do some snooping around until you find your stuff. I had the same problem. Good Luck!
  4. lucylew

lucylew Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I actually did a fresh install - I re-formatted the main drive and installed the win 7. I thought I backed-up everything...