Forcing all apps to use the same Icon?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by marcusmercado, Jun 25, 2009.

1. marcusmercado

marcusmercado New Member

Hi is there a way to use a wildcard or so with the icons? Like force all application to use one icon using winterboard?
  2. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, just use the same icon for all your apps in the "Icons" folder under your theme and name them using the apps' names on the springboard.
  3. marcusmercado

marcusmercado New Member

Yeah thats what im currently doin. However what I'd like to do is ofrce all apps to use the same icon. Instead of me duplicating the icon and renaming it with the app name.

So for instance e.g if I copy all my file from my /tmp folder to /home folder I'd do

cp /tmp/*.* /home/*.*

that command would copy all the files from tmp to home regardless off their name or extension. Is there a similar way I could do that in winterboard? An exension perhaps which will force all apps from the apps directory to be overrided by one icon?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not that I know of. Because each app handles its own icon by itself, it's actually in the application folder. I'm trying to think of an example similar to yours but actually explaining what you want.

I'm no pro with computers, but you're trying to take one file and stick it in x number of folders at the same time (where x>1), I only know how to do the opposite of that but you could take an Icon.png file and overwrite it in every folder in the /Applications directory (then all your default icons would go bye bye) which is slightly less painful than having to rename them over and over again.