Forced to update to 4.0.2, no more jailbreak:*(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zune Killa, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, the other day I go the dreaded "mixed up album art" on my IPT and I tried to deal with it but it just got on my nerves so I did a restore but was forced to update to 4.0.2 so there goes my jailbreak.

Can I sh*t Restore in order to get 4.0 back on there so I can JB it again?
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You could try, but it may not work. There's been mixed reports about whether its still being signed or not. DFU it.
  3. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What's DFU? Please explain
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lawl. "sh*t Restore"

Well you can try, just make sure to hold the shift button, not the sh*t button. Your iPod gets a sh*tty theme when you turn back. Trust me.
  5. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    DFU; Device Firmware Upgrade mode. Plug your device into your computer, hold lock and home button. Keep holding both through the slide to power off screen(don't slide). When your device powers off release the lock button and keep holding home. When the "iTunes has found a device in restore mode"(or what ever it is) notice comes up release home and your screen should stay blank, if not then start again. Your device is now in DFU mode.
  6. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That theme can be changed with Winterboard after you JB, right? I hella loved my theme I had and desperately want it back, I don't care about the stock theme.
  7. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did u completely miss the joke about a "sh*tty theme" and "sh*t restoring"? haha

Well, do you know if your shshs were backed up in cydia?
  8. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Haha, nah man, I was focused! After I posted I realized I didn't make a reference to the "sh*t" comment but have been on a mission trying to figure out if a shift restore is possible to get me back to 4.0 and just let it slide.

But yeah man, didn't realized I typed "sh*t" instead of shift until you said something, good eye!

Please Register or Log in to view images

As for my shshs, if that's something that's done automatically, then probably. But if that's something I'd have to do manually then not a chance.
  9. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well they are backed up in cydia if you clicked the "make my life easier button" instead of the "i hate jailbreaking button". You will have to change the hosts file on your computer so that itunes checks saurik's server instead of apple's.
    Search for that there should be several threads about that.

I can tell that you're on a mission to get this fixed. haha
  10. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did do the "make my life easier" thing....so there is hope??!!

Going to search now, thanks for the help/hope......yeah man, definitely on a mission, although even if I find out how to make this happen tonight I might just leave it stock for a couple days just to see how my battery does cause I was getting what I think is sh*tty battery life. Couldn't really compare it to much before the jb cause I only had it stock for a day or two and didn't really trip on it then.