Force iPod touch 1g into Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Mortel, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Now, I previously installed a package from Cydia that changed the Lockscreen behavior. When I hit the Lock button, it displays my Lockscreen, but does not turn the screen off. The Lockscreen just overlays the current screen that I am at. If I want my screen to turn off, I have to hit the Lock button a second time.

So, i was downloading an app, but I noticed it did not show up on the Springboard. I rebooted, and discovered that I can not even access my Springboard any more. I think it is due to my alternate lockscreen behaivor, as I can see the "slide to unlock" for a second, but then it does the little overlay effect that it does when I hit the Lock button (part of the package I installed). After that, I only see a PICTURE of my Lockscreen wallpaper, but no slider or anything. I can hold the Lock button to get the "Slide to turn off", and after cancelling that, the little menu bar appears at the top of the screen. Other then that, nothing.

Is there a way to connect to my iPod via USB, and force it into Safe Mode? I'm hoping this disables my Lockscreen package, reverts it to normal behavior, so I can fix my iPod that way, without restoring. I really do not want to restore, since 3.1 is around the corner, and I plan to restore to that.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    P.S. - Sorry if my post is hard to understand, I will explain further if needed. I also believe that I have mobilesubstrate installed, since I have Winterboard installed.
  2. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    U can connect with iphonebrowser to ssh and delete the files
  3. drdrum

drdrum New Member

DiskAid works much better in my opinion.
  4. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok well it doesnt matter what one you like more, as long as he fixes his ipod
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, thanks for the help, but this can be closed now.
    I tried all of the USB-connection options, like DiskAid, and all of them needed me to unlock my iPod by putting in my password. I couldn't do this, however, because there was no UI displaying on the iPod itself.

Oh well, restored my iPod, and jailbroke it again. I'm only putting a limited amount of things on it until 3.1 comes, however, so I don't have to go through the trouble of losing it all again.
  6. flamablefart

flamablefart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thats y iphonebrowser is nice, u can enter ur ipod no matter what, unless its turned off
  7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    as for forcing into safe mode, just enter SBSettings>Power>Safe Mode?

I use it when i have compatibility issues