For those who's iPods aren't turning back on... READ!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by link433, Feb 10, 2009.

1. link433

link433 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If your attempting to JB your iPod, and it's not turning back on, here's the way to get it to work agian.

This is assuming your on Windows.

Disconnect your cable from the USB port, NOT the iPod. Wait 10 seconds. Plug it back in. You should see a warning that it's not recognized. That's a good thing.

Now, press and hold the Standby button (on the top) and the Home button (on the front). Count to 10... by the time you get to 10, the Warning bubble will go away. Now, let go of the Standby button, but make sure you keep the Home button pressed! Count to 10 agian, and your computer will make the sound that a USB device has been connected. Let go of the home button.

If the screen isn't white, unplug the cable from your PC, not the iPod... wait 3 seconds, and plug it back in.

Your iPod is now working agian, and you may continue your JB, or restore the original firmware.
  2. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm getting quite annoyed that my ipod refuses to go into DFU.

Any better methods other then hold both for 10 and home for 10?
  3. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea,... 10 seconds might be overdoing it, count to 7 seconds instead.. or rather then count, use a timer!
  4. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, I think that's the problemo.
  5. b00

b00 New Member

k connect to ur usb then just madly click home/sleep button and u should get the warning sign then u just hold both sleep/home (keep ur computer sound on) for 10 seconds. count using one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand and till 10 seconds THEN let go of ur sleep button and until u hear the "usb connected" sound from ur computer hold it and when u hear it let go and apply exploit
  6. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ah, this is annoying me.