For those who wnt to upgrade 1.1.4 ...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by arthur187, Mar 3, 2008.

1. arthur187

arthur187 New Member

....I would'nt recommend it ever!!!

I've got my ipod touch since day one of the release and i've jailbroke it as soon it was possible (1.1.1).

so until yesterday i never had problems and i was happy about my touch.
    unfortunately i messed up my installer, by upgrading it and i didn't know about the issues installer discspace etc until yesterday.

i am no noob and i tried several methods to fix the issue, but it didn't help. this was the first time i thought "don't change a runnig system/ why the f*** did i upgrade the installer?"

anyways, i then thought "hey, since you have to reset the ipod completely, why don't you take the new firmware...."
    i did and the ZiPhone jailbrake worked fine, BUT then began the fight for the holy SSH.

once again, i am no noob, i am studying computer science, but still i wasn't able to get into my ipod by using ssh......AND i there are several apps i can't install/download with installer.app.
    after a few recoverys i'm now downloading the 1.1.1 fw....

so once again: don't change a runnig system and don't even think of updating your firmware at this point....it's not worth it.

peace
    arthur
  2. dont just dont

ya 1.1.4 sucks same with 1.1.3 i just stayed at 1.1.2 cause i cant stand all theses soft jailbreaks that dont work at all. i am hapier with 1.1.2 then any other firmwire
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Theres nothing wrong with 1.1.4.

Theres only problems if you Jailbreak.

I'm on 1.1.4 Normal, and everything is fine.
  4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

ok first shearch then if you dont find it then post it there have been a lot of theard about upgradeing and not upgradeing
  5. GamingDaze

GamingDaze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I didn't think I would like 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 at all, until I upgraded last night to 1.1.4, I love it!!! I don't know why, it just feels cooler! Most of the problems have easy fixes too. I had that SSH problem, installing services some how fixed it....
  6. Shade

Shade New Member

1. soft upgrade = CRAP
    2. ssh = good
    3. installer update = goood
    4. some repo's were down for a bit (bigboss to name one)