For those that have questions about iPods, jailbreaking, and the like. ANSWERS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wills42, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Wills42

Wills42 New Member

Hey everyone! I'm annoyed a bit by new people (and sometimes, people that have been around a while) asking the same questions, over and over again! So, I thought that I'd make a little list showing answers to everyones common questions, so that you don't need to make a board to a question that has been answered a BILLION times already!

-How to jailbreak:
    There are a LOT of guides to jailbreak your iPod Touch, or iPhone. Here's one!
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139120
    It tells you ALL you need to know about Jailbreaking!

-Program to use for jailbreaking:
    For those that need a GUI (Graphic User Interface, or, step by step instructions shown easily for you all) Just use Quickfreedom. It's what I used, and I was done in just a few minutes.

-Is there a Jailbreak for 3.0!? TELL ME!!
    YES THERE IS! It's been made, and is just waiting release! So you CAN JAILBREAK YOU 3.0 iPOD TOUCH OR iPHONE!

-Is a new iPod Touch coming out?
    Not right now. Just a new iPhone.

-iTouch?
    No iTouch. iPOD Touch. Say it with me. 'I' *Please repeat* 'Pod' *again* 'Touch' *once more, with feeling!* Now, all together now! iPod Touch. People tend to ignore you if you say 'iTouch.' Why? Because it's stupid! What are you touching?

-iTunes 8.2
    DON'T DOWNLOAD IT! If you have already, you can now not Jailbreak your iPod Touch. Try getting an older version from google or something. Just DON'T download. At all.

-Where can I get ROMS?
    I'm not telling you where you can get ROMS, because those are illegal here. I can't tell you that you can do a Google search for them, either. That's also wrong. We talk about emulators here, which can easily be found on Cydia.

-How do I change my iTouchs front page? THAT LOOKS SO COOL!
    HEY! What did I say about iTouch? Anyway, you download an app in Cydia called 'Winterboard,' and you get themes from Cydia as well. Then you go to the Winterboard app and select the theme.

-What's with that little black circle thing? It's annoying!
    Get rid of the Backgrounder app. Little circle thing will go bye-bye.

-Um, my Wifi isn't working!
    Well, a quick google search will usually give you the help you need. It isn't usually the iPhone/iPod Touch's fault, rather than your router (If you don't have a wi fi router, then there is no wi-fi!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any more stoopid questions? Post 'em below an I shall give you a sarcastic but the correct answer!
  2. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice man, answers alot of basic questions...

(By the way you spelled illegal wrong, you spelt it "illegle")
  3. Mew2012

Mew2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    omg app crashes, especially on contraption, make me mad...
  4. Wills42

Wills42 New Member

Mhmmmm. And how does this make you feel? Oh, wait...
  5. DoHaless

DoHaless New Member

For those that have questions about iPods jailbreaking and the like ANSWERS

I guess this is the same thing as bootleg satellite, like Pansat.

If you get someone to do it, its not illegal; telling you how to work it from that point on is.

Also, they really cant do anything about it except for voiding your warranty; its yours, you bought it. Honestly, what can they do?