For People who have Installer Problems *READ*

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by Teslanaut, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    CHECK your Queue. If you install Something and it fails, it gets added to a Queue. And whenever you try to install something else or try to install the App again, you'll get the same Error over and over.

To Fix this, remove it from the Queue or Clear your Queue.

Someone add this as a solution. It worked for me before. Might work for you.
  2. dpocius

dpocius New Member

I saw this too. The Queue is a nice feature, but it needs to be refined to make it smarter about bypassing failed downloads and carrying on with the rest. A utility to view what's in the queue and manually delete items from the queue would be helpful. BTW, where is the Queue documented? In general, user documentation of many apps is poor or nonexistent. Not all of us out here are mind-readers, developers! Having said that, thanx for your tireless efforts anyway.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To bring up the queue, tap install on any app. If it says Add to Queue, then you have nothing in your queue. If it has Remove from Queue or Clear your Queue, you have something waiting and should clear it if you had problems installing an app.
  4. dpocius

dpocius New Member

Thanx for the clarification!!!
  5. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

But.. my confusion lies in the execution of the Queue. Once i've gathered 2 or 3 apps that i'd like to install and i've queued them, how do i start downloading all at once. Do i just install that 3rd app and it will install the 1st app that i queued first, 2nd and so forth?
  6. Dunedain

Dunedain New Member

I would also like to know this, it would make the mass installation of, say, iPhysics level packs MUCH easier
  7. Dunedain

Dunedain New Member

Sorry for the double post, but I just figured it out. Once you have items in the queue, just install another item, and it will go through all of the other things in the queue.
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've always seen this queue feature as stupid, it seems incomplete.
    It'd be nice if there was a manager or something..
  9. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, a download manager-type queue would be nice