for people who dont support iphone linux

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by jakeo1992, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jakeo1992

jakeo1992 New Member

why the hell would you come into this sub forum then?
    to just post negativity?
  2. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its just a bunch of idiots who are too lazy to use: Google, common sense.
  3. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    good point....

i dont get linux...i'm not computer savy enough to get it on my ipod touch...

but it is opens another doorway other than just the normal jailbreak for people to see what their ipod touch can do.

i'm never going to get linux on my ipod touch...but i think it is a great thing to be developed for the ipod/iphone

/end of my thoughts
  4. robertomano24

robertomano24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its pretty pointles now. but one day, when it gets developed more, and theres a common use for common people, yuoll be in love with it. it will probably over take the iphoneOS and nothing on the iphoneOS will even compare to the linux mods
  5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I like linux but do not have it installed on my phone I hope someday we will get android running (its based on linux) it will probably take a lot of time though
  6. Brill301

Brill301 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What the hell are you talking about? lol
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    what are you talking about?

I agree though, I am excited to see what can come through linux....like openoffice and things like that. Possibly a port of windows? Andriod? I just think its cool to have. I hope Chronic will find the iBoot exploit for the 2g ipod
  8. robertomano24

robertomano24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    android is a top priority. windows may come later but its not the best they are working on right now.
  9. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Android runs on Linux?
    Woa then iPhone linux would be amazing!
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I like Linux. Its awesome, its useful, its not Windows. Thing is, remember the other iPhoneLinux? That thing was trashed. And now we have another iPhone Linux. Sure its only the Kernel right now, but its going to need tons and tons of work. Its not going to take a few weeks or months. Its going to take Years. And I'm not willing to wait that long if there is something already working that works fine, has a huge user base, community, tons of apps, room to expand, ever evolving. I know it sounds pessimistic and all, but I'm kinda being real. How long did it take Google to create Android? How long did it take Symbian or OpenMoko, those OS' to be created? To be perfected? I support the iPhone OS because it works, its really visually appealing, its really stable, and it has a ton of support for it. iPhone Linux is.. Well. We'll see.

Why in the good god hell would you want Windows Mobile? Android I understand, but WHY Windows Mobile?