For Over-the-Air Jailbreaks: How the hell to free up 160MB+ on Root (besides usual)??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by digdug, Jan 27, 2008.

1. digdug

digdug New Member

Search has been disabled, so my apologies.

1. I have a CLEAN, brand-new installation of a jailbkroken 1.1.2 OS installed.
    2. I've used Bosstool to move the Applications and Wallpapers.
    3. I still have only 49MB free out of the available 300MB on / (root)

Given that this is a freaking clean, restore, what can I possibly do to free up 120+ MB?

I know that moving Fonts will help significantly, and I am hoping to find the thread (after the search function is reenabled), but I do know that even with that performed, I had only 130MB or so free on my prior install!

All help much appreciated...
  2. iSecks

iSecks New Member

I didn't uninstall anything and it worked, but I thought I might have messed something up so I restored to 1.1.1 and reJBd.
  3. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you dont have to free space.... since the instalations of the new firmware is stored onto /var so the file is on your 8G/16G partition....
  4. rovestudio

rovestudio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I successfully upgraded to 1.1.3 JB from 1.1.2 JB even though boss tool told me I had only 48MB free. YMMV
  5. digdug

digdug New Member

This is helpful, but why then is Skylar posing a 160GB requirement for using his particular package of the Dev Team Jailbreak? Are some of you using another over-the-air (i.e. WiFi, no computer) jailbreak?

Thanks a bunch guys.