For All Those Wanting to Get a 2G iPod Touch. READ

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qartin, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so alot of people here are debating whether or not to get a 2G iPod Touch right now. And right now I would say no.

So Ill name the good and bad things about them for you and then compare the 1G and the 2g.

2G Pros - Speaker, side button, cleaner smoother graphics, new features, nice shape, and lighter..

2G Cons - Problems with WiFi, problems with apps, push problems, speaker isn't loud at all, no jailbreak yet.

1G Pros - Jailbroken and you can do alot of things to it, WiFi works nicely with it.

1G Cons - No speaker, no volume button, heavier, not as fast.

So, right now for all those people that have 1G Ipods and want to get 2G then dont do it yet. Wait until apple releases another update to fix all this, and wait until it is Jailbroken before thinking of buying a 2G seriously I dont use the speakers they suck and arnt loud at all.

And for the people that dont have a ipod touch, and are looking to get a 2G. Don't buy the 1G its old technology the 2G is the most recent so get that, cause maybe it has more features apple hasnt told us yet. Also, its a fun ipod no matter what and it will be jailbroken soon.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

i agree, but i would if it's already fixed. but now i won't.

planning to buy mac. XD
  3. albin

albin New Member

useless thread, nothing we already didnt know. And youre wrong about the speaker, its great for playing games and was really never intended to be for listnening to music.
  4. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is not NIke+iPod a Pros?

I hate it when people ALWAYS forget this.
  5. bamxbam

bamxbam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    umm

The speakers may not be very loud but it's an iPod [Touch] not a stereo system

Please Register or Log in to view images

I haven't had one problem with wi-fi

It's pretty fast , reliable , and apps work so if this is your first time shopping for an iPod Touch go and get the 2nd generation it's well worth it.
  6. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

I also hate how people forget to include the mic-in capabilities. The 2g is sooo worth it getting it over the 1g. Only thing I miss is the jailbreaking but being without it so long I'm no longer sure I want it. I have mostly everything I need and everything runs fast and smooth. I don't know where the apps not working right came from, I never had a problem with any of the apps I have.
  7. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

what about those 2gen ONLY apps huh?????? yeah.. didnt think of that did ya

8. kyle8c

kyle8c New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The speaker is much better than I expected actually. Much better than many mobile phones outside there, especially when iPod's speaker is hidden within the unit itself.

My main concern would be the battery life. If it can last longer...
  9. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

Ok, reasons you should get the 2G, all of the cons you listed for the 2G are fixable and will change in the future, most likely.The only exception would be the speaker volume, but its for games, not music, i love the speaker, my favorite feature. On the other hand, all the cons listed for the 1G are not going to change, are not fixable, will be like that forever.

They will fix the wifi, the apps, the whatever, but they wont give the 1G a speaker or external volume control or any of that.

And also you didnt mention the nike+ for 2G, OR and this is a big one, you didnt mention the microphone compatibility for the 2G, this allows for inline mics, and Voip calls, as well as various other apps

2G is way better, it just needs some fixes and a jailbreak, both of which will happen, 1G is gonna be like it is pretty much forever
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    battery life is supposedly longer, and i havent heard anyone dispute it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    all the more reason to get the 2G
  10. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I never played around with a first gen, but my 32GB 2G has pretty decent battery life. I'll use it throughout the day during my breaks to keep on on the latest blogs, maybe play a couple of games and listen to music, and the battery lasts me for the day. I bought a $5 USB charger for my car, and now I pretty much never have to worry about battery life.

The speaker on this is great for what it was meant for. During the Apple conference, Jobs mentioned that this speaker was for casual listening, not for audiophiles. It also beats the hell out of having to share your earphones when you want to show them a video. And if it's really that bad, then buy yourself a portable external speaker. I bought a pair of pretty good portable speakers from Woot about a year ago. They look like little cellphones and only cost about $20 for the pair, and I haven't had to use them yet with the iPod.

The microphone is also a big big plus. I bought myself the Philips iPhone adapter from Target. The quality is pretty good, and it works wonderfully.

Basically, I really like this 2G iPod. And I'm not some mindless person that bought it because it's pretty, it's Apple, and everyone has one, but over the competition, this one pushed through. The best thing on it is the App Store. There are plenty of apps of all sorts that are helpful/fun and very well made + since it has such a big user-base, there are new apps being released by the day. I like.