For all the wifi problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yamster, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Yamster

Yamster New Member

ok i myself have a wifi problem and i am just asking for all the people who also have them to post what week their ipod is there might be a link

mine is week 48
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Isn't it like not good to give out your serial number because someone could use it to call up and get free service and waste your call? I'm just saying...

You've got a week 48? I'd be surprised if it's the iPod Touch and not your router - you don't happen to have a Linksys do you?
  3. Yamster

Yamster New Member

no dude its one i got from sky. they are my seervice providers. u know wats wrong?
  4. Yamster

Yamster New Member

5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most all of the wireless issues seem to come down to either:

1. The DHCP is not correctly providing the internet addresses needed for you to connect (e.g., the IP, DNS, Router, etc.). The common solution seems to be to change to a static setting and manually configure your iPod Touch

2. The security settings are confusing the iPod Touch. Turn 'em off termporarily and see if you can get in with your security off. If so, it's just a matter of configuring it correctly for your router.

Another question - if you got a Sky router, have you thought of contacting Sky to see if they can help you get it setup? I've seen a couple people with ISP supplied routers that had to have the ISP go in remotely and set them up... Just a thought...
  6. Yamster

Yamster New Member

1. my dad has an iphone an he can connect fine woth no isues at all. Can i just copy the IP, DNS, Router, etc. from his exactly and will it work?

2. i have them off

3. i'm scared of sky
  7. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

You can set your connection to Static then copy the settings from your Dads iPhone but i would recomend not setting your IP to be the same (make it 1 or 2 higher so it doesn't conflict with his device).

I wouldn't bother phoning sky, from my experience with them, as long as you computer can connect and your webemail works they don't want to know about it.

I hope this helps.
  8. Yamster

Yamster New Member

will i then leave it at static or change it to dchp again?
  9. floodie

floodie New Member

over two months

I HAVE LINKSYS WITH VERIZON AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT. COULD YOU HELP???? I HAVE UNSECURED BUT MUST INPUT MY VERIZON USER NAME AND PASSWORD. HELP!!!!! THANKS