Food, Inc.

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by ((( Sunn Aphex ))), Jun 1, 2010.

1. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just watched a documentary called "Food Inc." It was created to show where and how our food is made, how a few large corporate companies control the majority of how our food is produced.

I am truly going to stop eating at fast food places and try to eat organic and healthier foods. This video changed my point of view on a lot of different things including food production, immigration, and farmers.

Has anybody else seen this movie?

http://www.foodincmovie.com/index.php
  2. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've seen it. It was slightly disturbing. I don't really eat fast foods to begin with though. I believe though that what is being said in this movie can be seen across the board in meat companies and slaughterhouses. All it takes is a little research to dig it up.
  3. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i remember watching it and thinking it was just as biased as anything else, but that was a few weeks ago so i forgot what made me think that
  4. The Lurker

The Lurker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    who cares? food is food.
    /truth
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I watched it a few weeks ago. Great movie. I knew about a lot of things talked about in the movie prior to watching it, but seeing how it all ties together and the effects it has, not just on one thing, one person, one area, but the entire globe and our health really made in all sink in for me.

I couldn't eat for a day or two, I felt like I was being poisoned. I'm slowly making an effort to eat better and avoid things made by these companies, but it really narrows down your choices.
  6. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    enjoy your obesity

If you actually pay attention to the video you would understand all of the problems with the system. It's not simply just about how most of the food we eat is unhealthy. It is also about all the injustices to farmers, consumers, and immigrant workers who are basically "forced" to work for the major companies because of debt to the companies. The companies tricked the unfortunate people into this debt.
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I live in Canada.
  8. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I saw this video and like you, was changed, I used to eat fast food every other day,I was still in good shape, but it was terrible for me, since watching this video I've managed to stay almost completely organic, organic beef, organic fruits and veggies, etc. I'm much healthier now and just feel better.