Food for thought.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jimbeam, May 29, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I have been playing around with iSlsk and it just drives me nuts how you cant sync your downloaded music back to iTunes. So that got me thinking, What if someone could come up with an exploit similar to the pwnage exploit in the way it tricks iTunes into loading unsigned FW to the iPod. Hopefully someone will come up with an exploit to do the opposite, trick iTunes into downloading unsigned media by modifying the ipod some how.

Now you maybe asking why this is posted in the 2.0 section. Well this also got me thinking, with the upcoming release of the appstore one would naturally assume an update to itunes would be coming to. Given the limited space on an iphone or ipod touch one would think that the new itunes would give you the ability to sync your downloaded apps to itunes and have the ability to switch back and forth between the apps you have on the ipod.

So if some one does find this much needed exploit (as stated above) we would have the ability to sync unsigned apps (jailbreak apps) back to itunes as if they were purchased from the appstore. even apps like http://wikee.iphwn.org/sgold_bootrom:bootneuter

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just food for thought. Hopefully I inspired someone to get cracking on this.

Flame on!
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is assuming we get the current apps running on 2.0
  3. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

you can just copy the music from your ipod to your computer then add it in itunes.
    its located at /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music
    xD
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know. But this would be so much better.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    and ive youve actually ever looked at the files, you'd know that you cant see the names of them, because they are assigned random names.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    exactly. Plus the benefits of this when 2.0 and the new iTunes are released would be incredible. the ability to sync and unsync unsigned applications. Loaded them up as if they were straight from apple!
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    true but when you load the files in itunes, it gives all the names back. But dosnt change the file names, just the song name, album, artist ect