Fonts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Blah101, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Blah101

Blah101 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can I add a font to use with the 2.1 fw. I have some I like but I don't want to mess up my fonts, if not is there a way to convert fonts so they work with the ipod? THnx in advance
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

All .ttf files work.

Just SSH to /System/Library/Fonts/WhateverTheFolderIs (Sorry, I just can't remember. It might be something like FontCache)

and rename Helvetica.ttf to Helvetica.ttf.old, and then place the .ttf in there as Helvetica.ttf.

Rename HelevticaBold.ttf to *.old, and then do the same thing, but as HeleveticaBold.ttf.

I can't remember file names, so if I get something wrong or off by a bit, I really do know what I'm talking about

Please Register or Log in to view images

Alternatively, if you know some stuff, SSH the .ttf to /System/Library/Fonts/Folder (naming it whatever you want), and then edit the Info.plist of your WinterBoard theme and find the Undocked and Docked icon label style. Under both, in between the <string></string>, put "font-family: FONTNAME"
  3. Blah101

Blah101 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    k i did the first one and now none of my apps open. what did i do wrong? i name old file helveitca.ttf.old and helveticabold.ttf.old and put the new one in as helvetica.ttf and duplicated it and named it helveticabold.ttf
  4. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Are you sure all .ttf's work, I posted a thread asking this same question, and I was pointed at a tutorial and told I need to decrypt the fontcache.plist and add my new font family to it, ssh the new .plist and add the new fonts...

Also, im almost 100% sure the fonts are CaSe SeNsItIvE So name it Helvetica and HelveticaBold
  5. Blah101

Blah101 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know i did
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Did you respring?
  7. Blah101

Blah101 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I couldn't cuz my apps and categories would not open they all crash
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Over SSH:

ctrl + t in WinSCP, type killall SpringBoard
  9. Blah101

Blah101 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    instead i had restarted but then it kept trying to respring auto maticly and so i had to replace old fonts so it would work. i think we need a diffrent aproach or pics